+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SWG and Ebay??

induce is offline ** No working email address ** induce 0

Default SWG and Ebay??

Thoughts on the much lower prices on ebay on doing my own SWG? My local Dealer wants $1850.00
    Too good to be true?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAYWARD-AQUARITE...QQcmdZViewItem

induce is offline ** No working email address ** induce 0

Default Re: SWG and Ebay??

Sean, I would like your thoughts on this too!

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

lots of them on the net around that price if a person sniffs around..not to say it isn't a great price for sure..but in comparison to local dealer prices in my neck of the wood for pool equipment..no surprise. as i think ben noted recently, local guys probably have less inventory, higher cost to purchase the inventory than many of the online stores that are offshoots of big stores and can simply sell cheaper with volume. i purchased the autopilot soft touch system for exactly what you paid for the hayward and i thought it was a deadly price..the only thing i would suggest to anyone as a veteran of many ebay deals selling and buying is..use your credit card to pay..i trust no one until i've bought off them at least once with no issue.

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

by the way, was just checking their track record..for the # of transactions they have, good record..what i would do though..and while it may seem anal..is specifically check with the seller to make sure it includes the cell, power supply and anything else the kit should continue..just cause it has the right picture doesn't mean that it includes everything..they can claim to ebay if they did something like that that you didn't ask.sure, they didn't say, but...ebay is always on the side of the seller cause they're paying for the site, first.

It really depends on who the dealer is. For the most part, an E-bay transaction is usually not a transaction that would have a factory warranty. Unless the seller is an Authorized AutoPilot dealer, we would not cover the Pool Pilot under warranty.

The other considerations is the installation. I've had some authorized warranty stations refuse to service a unit that was purchased on-line.

Again, IMO, it depends on if the seller is an Authorized AutoPilot dealer.
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

Quote Originally Posted by tenax
    by the way, was just checking their track record..for the # of transactions they have, good record..what i would do though..and while it may seem anal..is specifically check with the seller to make sure it includes the cell, power supply and anything else the kit should continue..just cause it has the right picture doesn't mean that it includes everything..they can claim to ebay if they did something like that that you didn't ask.sure, they didn't say, but...ebay is always on the side of the seller cause they're paying for the site, first.
    Very good avice. I've sold a lot, and bought my share, and if it isn't listed assume it's not included. Don't be shy about using the "Ask seller a question" link to find out EXACTLY what is included, if there is warranty coverage, are they an authorized dealer and what the shipping cost will be. It's a trend on Ebay to understate the selling price and jack up the shipping to minimize selling fees, though the SWG's don't seem to bad for that. One good thing about Ebay is that there will be another for sale if you don't get reasonable information and have to let that one go.

There are some authorized sellers with factory warranties in place, some are grey market at a really good price. Depends on your risk tolerance level for getting a much lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by induce
    Thoughts on the much lower prices on ebay on doing my own SWG? My local Dealer wants $1850.00
    Too good to be true?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAYWARD-AQUARITE...QQcmdZViewItem
    That's really pricey. I was considering a Zodiac or Autopilot and my local dealers wanted $1400 for the Zodiac and $1900 for the Autopilot Digital SC-48. I didn't want a SWG that much and after much review, I voted against the Zodiac. The AutoPilot had everything I wanted and I found an authorized dealer in FL that had the DIG-220 SC48 for $800 and the box wasn't empty. eBay is a gamble sometimes. You might not have problems but make sure you always use a credit card just in case.

Socal_biker Guest

I went the eBay route for my SWCG. Saved a lot of money and the whole transaction was very smooth.

Item as described... NIB and it was from a seller dealing with a lot of pool equipment. He had a feedback of over 550 with 100% positive rating. So, I wasn't worried about the eBay deal.

Thumbs up Re: SWG and Ebay??

Aquarite has a warranty that is Ebay friendly. At a minimum their 5 warranty is based on date of manufacture, even if you don't have a receipt, etc.

If written proof of the date of the initial system installation is not provided to Goldline, the manufacturing datecode on the Aqua Rite, Aqua Trol, or Aqua Logic electronics unit will be the sole determinant of the date of the initial system installation.
    http://www.goldlinecontrols.com/Warranty.aspx

Is this standard for the SWG industry?

Standard but not strictly adhered to. Most manufacturers are flexible with their warranties.
    A copy of the reciept, contract, or start up of pool will usually suffice. Most areas that winterize may have the pool completed and the SCG installed before winterizing but not started up until the following season. That's 4-6 months that may be factored into this "flexibility".
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

+ Reply to Thread