+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward Ultra Vac is making me dizzy...

Default Hayward Ultra Vac is making me dizzy...

It only goes to the right.

I run it whenever the pump is on and it only turns right so it ends up twisting the hose up to the point that it will no longer reach the other end of the pool. This means it only cleans either the deep end or the shallow end depending on where I put it ..

Any suggestions on where to start ? I plan to take it to the Leslie's store but I'm sure they will just start throwing parts at it so I am hoping to have at least some suggestion for which parts to look at first.

If I remember right, the transmission was replaced last June. I was layed up after a skydivng accident and had to hire a pool service to take care of the pool for 6 months, I'll look for the invoice but I think he said he put a new set of flappers and a tranny in it. I was in a percocet induced haze at the time so he could have been talking about my truck for all I know

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Hayward Ultra Vac is making me dizzy...

When my polaris started doing that a couple of years ago,it was because it had a broken belt on one side....don't know anything about the ultra vac, though...

Janet

I don't think this one has any belts.. I plan to pull it apart as soon as I get a chance. I'd like to see how it works before taking it to a pool store for repairs.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Update.. I took it in to Leslie's and they found a leaf in the gear box that was preventing it from turning the other direction. No charge !

I put it back in last night and today the pool is clean except for just a couple little spot that I think it will get tonight.

It's a good cleaner. All I have to do is hit the steps with the brush and skim the leafs off the top once in a while and it stays ready to use.

+ Reply to Thread