+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nature 2 opinions

Default Nature 2 opinions

I am a new pool owner this year and purchased an AG package which included a Nature 2 sysytem. Everything was going ok until we went on vacation and returned to green water ( I already received advise on chemistry in this forum). but I guess I'm looking for advise on if I should consider removing the N2 cartridge permanetely. This being my first pool I'm really not sure if they're good or more trouble than the're worth. I really can't say if having this system contributed to my Algae bloom but with this system FC levels are usually .5ppm (seems too low to me, but they claim that is normal with the N2). Also it has been 2 weeks and I still don't have clear water so I'm wondering if the N2 system is somehow slowing the clearing of the water. Soooo confused. Any opinions on N2???

Thanks In Advance

Default Re: Nature 2 opinions

Your chlorine is too low and Nature 2 is crap. That's my opinion .

Whether you want to use the N2 or not is up to you, but you can't use the low chlorine level they claim. The N2 is expensive and adds copper to your water, which can eventually cause staining of pool surfaces and hair.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I'm with John T.

A Nature2 cart is $90 to $105 each season. Don't buy the cart--spend the money on a good test kit like Ben's PS234, the Taylor 2006 or the Leslie's Chlorine FAS-DPD Service Test Kit. It will cost less and tell you more and you'll be able to clean up your pool.

Pool care is easy, but not without knowledge. Read the stickies at the tops of the various topics. There are no shortcuts without knowledge. With knowledge there are some. My pool is always clear and if I put in an hour a week it's only because I want to.

Once you know how to do it, you'll wonder how you messed up when it was SO easy!

How do I know? Well, because I've been there, done that, and algae'd up the tee-shirt!

Read the stickies!
    Carl

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

You are certainly correct in assuming the .5 ppm FC is NOT enough. In fact, the Austrailian government recently passted legistaltion that requires all copper/silver system, includine Nature2, be used with normal and NOT reduced chlorine levels in light of recent research on kill times for water borne pathogens!
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Thanks for all of your opinions. I think I'm going to dump the N2 and follow your advise.

There was a thread a while back about the N2 system if you care to read.
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=405
    I got pool stored in to a N2 system as well. After doing some checking I pulled the cart and dumped the N2 system.
    Steve

I just read through that very informative thread and I am more convinced than ever to ditch the N2 method. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

+ Reply to Thread