Thread: tds bogus or true???????

Threaded View

turbottt1 Guest

Default tds bogus or true???????

Since he may see it here, I'm putting it here: "turbottt1" has been moved in to a 'banned' group, the "Bad Email Address" group, because his email address is dead. I use that group to prevent accidental emails from being sent to dead addresses, among other things. When emails bounce back to me, I automatically move users into that group. -Ben

As the title says are total disolved solids measurements bogus or something to worry about???? I relate this towards our hot tub/spa. A couple of things before you answer. We have filled the tub with fresh water [ trucked in by a company that has been filling pools for 25yrs] added chems. [ bromine] used it twice and then been told to drain it because of high tds levels????? Second we had our water tested for tds and were told again to go home and drain it, but what we did was stayed out for four days only added the chems. to keep it within proper ranges took the very same water back in for another test. Guess what tds levels were fine??????? I thought that once these levels reach so high there's no way to lower them???? Were going to start here but by the end I would like to discuss some nasty chemical burns. thanks for all input. steve
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 08-19-2006 at 08:15 AM.