+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 24ft AGP Installation Photos

Cool 24ft AGP Installation Photos

Hello all,

I thought I'd upload some photos of an installation I did about 2 years ago to webshots and provide a link to them. I sold the house last year so now I get to do it all over again at my new place. I really enjoyed the pool and the tips I got here reading all the posts were a big help in the construction and maintenance of the pool. I'm so glad that the site is up and running again!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/fcaputo

Enjoy!
    Frank

Default Re: 24ft AGP Installation Photos

Hey Frank - What did you use as the bottom of your pool? It doesn't seem like you used sand at all. Did it work well the entire time you used the pool? Will you be doing the same on your new pool?

Shelley

nice pics...

How did the pool height match the existing deck so well? Luck? Design? Digging?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyAnn
    Hey Frank - What did you use as the bottom of your pool? It doesn't seem like you used sand at all. Did it work well the entire time you used the pool? Will you be doing the same on your new pool?

Shelley
    Hi ShelleyAnn,

I used the Pro Bottom (thick black plastic sheet) without sand because of the trees in the area and the concern about roots in the long run. The machine that I used to level and compact the soil left a smooth surface to place the pool on. I wanted the pool bottom framework to set on a firm surface so that it didn't lean from settling in any place. I also heard from some users in this forum that sand bottoms could result in dents from feet in the end result which didn't appeal to me.

I'll do the same thing in the new pool installation. It worked well for me before.

Just my 2 cents.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by rmeden
    nice pics...

How did the pool height match the existing deck so well? Luck? Design? Digging?

Robert
    Hi Robert,

A little of all 3 actually. I kept a string line tied to a tree behind the pool at the existing deck height and would periodically check during the excavation by streching the string to the reference point to see if I was close (you can see the string tied to the tree in one of the photos).

I kept scraping with the machine until the measurement matched the existing deck. It turned out right on the money (the luck part).

Regards,
    Frank

Hi Frank, Dennis here. Nice pictures, How could you leave such a nice place? Or did you move to somewhere even more beautiful?

It looks like your installation went very well. The next time I would suggest using an overlap liner and stretching it into place. This can be done completely wrinkle free. Just an idea.

Best of luck on the next one, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

+ Reply to Thread