+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intelliflo Pump

Default Intelliflo Pump

Anyone have experience with this Pentair pump? Currently building my pool/spa combo and they claim it is far more efficient than other pumps

Default Re: Intelliflo Pump

I don't have any experience with it, but what they say is true.

The pump has a lot of intelligent circuitry built into it - I would be concerned about how all that high end electronics will hold up over time as the pump ages, is exposed to weather, etc.

The other thing to consider is - has your builder installed a number of these pumps? You don't want to be "serial number 1". Get some references of customers for whom the builder has installed that pump and see what they say about it.

I have an Intelliflo but I have only had it for 4 months. I am using the Intellitouch controller and PDA interface with it. It is definitely more energy efficient.

My builder (me) had no idea about the Intelliflo either, but the guy I purchased my equipment from asked Pentair to come out to do the setup and training. This was the ticket and I have not had any issues with the pump. I did buy one of those cheap $ 14.00 covers for the back of the pump to keep some of that Texas Sun off the electronics.

The pump is very quiet, infinitely adjustable with the Intellitouch controller and expensive. I am just getting my first electric bills from after the start up but my estimation is the pump is saving me $50-60 month compared to my neighbors. So I should recover the cost delta over a standard pump in 1 year.

Pentair rep said it was optimum to have the pump run at the lowest speed possible for the longest period of time which for my system is 40GPM @ 390watts which is 16.6 hrs per day for 1 turn. I am doing 1.75 turns per day now but as soon as the swim load is lower I will back it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_D
    I I am just getting my first electric bills from after the start up but my estimation is the pump is saving me $50-60 month compared to my neighbors. So I should recover the cost delta over a standard pump in 1 year.
    How did you make that estimation? I am also concerned about the interface since I have the aqualogic control board. I was told I would have to buy an "intercomm" for the pump to communicate with it.

The estimation is based on the power consumption of the Intelliflo vs the other whisperflo pump. The intelliflo shows the actual flow and wattage used to achieve that flow. Math is 60 GPM on Intelliflo takes 1445 watts per hr. and it takes approx 11 hours to turn the 40K gal pool over 1 time per day. The same flow on a 1 hp whisper flow would use 5 amps per hr.
    Another simple way to calculate the cost would be the below program
    http://www.pentairpool.com/pool_pump_calc/index.htm
    Just find out what your cost per watt is from your power company and calculate the cost / savings.

+ Reply to Thread