+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hot tub forum???

Default Re: Hot tub forum???

I'm in Ottawa!

RavenNS is offline Established User Weir Watcher RavenNS Not to be trusted

Thumbs up Re: Hot tub forum???

In Ottawa?
    Seriously consider Beachcomber brand name ( & artic spas).

I live in Nova Scotia, so I wanted a tub that could stand-up to the canadian winters...
    Beachcomber ( & I believe Artic spas as well) are Canadian made!
    the head office is in BC.

read my review on mine:
    http://www.epinions.com/content_244051185284

- I specifically chose beachcomber after reading that it only cost $14 to heat in February in northern Quebec!

you can check epinions.com for the other brands that you're interested in as well

I LOVE my Hot Tub in a Blizzard
    (must wear a hat though or your hair freezes..lol)

There are no Beachcomber dealers in the Ottawa area. I am going to look at the Arctic dealer this weekend.

I have thus sean the Caldera line and the Dimension One line and the price difference blows me away. For similar tubs, similar numher of jets and options, the D1 line is almost double the price.

Styx.. that's baloney-pony my friend...
    Beachcomber is all over Canada

I didn't know your postal code, so I just ramdomly picked an Ottawa location & Voila !

The Fireplace Center & Patio Shop

Address:
    1452 Cyrville Road
    Ottawa ON K1B 3L9

Tel: 613-745-1273

We are proud to be the new exclusive Beachcomber dealer for the Ottawa area and we look forward to our family meeting yours. Since 1952, we have been providing sales, service and installations you can trust. We invite you to visit either of our two conveniently located showrooms for great ideas to enhance your backyard living experience and enjoyment !

Why not give them a call & see where their second location in Ottawa is if this one isn't close to you

Beachcomber has awesome customer service & the tubs are so efficient; it's totally worth while to compare them to artic spas.
    GoodLuck !

I stand corrected! Thanks for the tip and I will definately check them out this weekend!

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

I've also checked out Beachcomber since I pass the store daily - very impressive hot tubs at a good price in comparison to other manufacturers.

Oh, BTW - I'm down around the Hamilton(ugh) Brantford Area

mikemedic is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst mikemedic 0

Can we have a section in here on Hot Tubs? I too have one(Marquis) and have had for years. I know have a small leak and trying to fix. Cant find it with all that damn foam insulation they blow in. I think if I buy a new one I will look for a different insulation system
    Any thought from someone who has a hot tub?
    Mike

Default Re: leaky Hot Tub

fix-a-leak
    I don't know if the stuff works but I've seen it at numerous hot tub stores....

http://www.askalanaquestion.com/the_...leak_store.htm

or
    the manufactor's ( I think) site in Canada:

http://www.fixaleak.com/main.html

turbottt1 Guest

Hello I see your considering the purchase of a artic spa. We purchased a artic frontier[ legend series] back in feb. We love the tub. There are things that were important to us when we made our purchase.If you would like send me a pm and i'll go down the list. Bottom line as I see has been mentioned already. WET TEST, WET TEST and then some more. I'm going to start another thread on spa chemicals. Maybe it will catch on and we can get a h.t./spa section going. The info. on this site is top knotch and we who heat over sized bath tub need all we can get. good luck and have fun soaking. steve

CanuckPool is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher CanuckPool 0

I was just thinking about finding a hot tub forum. we just got a softtub portable tub, 6 person with an ozone generator. We are trying to figure out how to best go about sanitizing it. We bought a whole bunch of chemicals from the pool store but they seemed to have forgotten to sell us bromine. They gave us this all in one shock that has PH stuff/alk stuff/ cal stuff, he said to just use that once a week. Well I tested the water and it has almost 0 chlorine/bromine and 8.0 pH. So I went out and bought a bromine floater and tablets and let it swim in there for day. The readings are still barely .5 bromine, is there a better way to get the bromine levels up faster. I put about 6 tablets in and set the floater on max dispersion. The PH also seems to want to go high, is it becuase I put about 4 capfuls of that all in one shock in? and am I suppose to test the hot tub water at the pool store and balance it just like the pool? Ph/alk/cal etc etc etc.

+ Reply to Thread