+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mixing different brand biguanide products???

Default Mixing different brand biguanide products???

This may sound like an odd question, but after looking at the Baquacil site, it seems they make so many more assistant type products than SoftSwim.

Does anyone think there would be a problem using the Baquacil flocculant or Baquacil clarifier with the SoftSwim core components?

I'm using the Baquacil DE and Cartridge cleaner right now to try to improve my cartridge filters. I bought 2 brand new filters and after 1 week and a pool party, the new ones are just as clogged as the old ones were.

I've got a haze that just won't go away, I can see the bottom, just can't clearly see the drain.

I'll post a pic tomorrow...

Default Re: Mixing different brand biguanide products???

Hi, There should be no problem using products from either company. it is all the same stuff. However as a previous baq, soft swim user none of it will clear your pool. It will empty your wallet very effectively tho. Once you have a problem with these systems there is no way to clear it. read that sentence again and then bite the bullet and convert to chlorine. Your pool and wallet will thank you.
    Ken

KatieD is offline ** No working email address ** KatieD 0

Default Re: Mixing different brand biguanide products???

Quote Originally Posted by kalan
    Hi, There should be no problem using products from either company. it is all the same stuff. However as a previous baq, soft swim user none of it will clear your pool. It will empty your wallet very effectively tho. Once you have a problem with these systems there is no way to clear it. read that sentence again and then bite the bullet and convert to chlorine. Your pool and wallet will thank you.
    Ken
    As someone who read and resisted, and has now lost the better part of the swimming season to the most gross, incurable and expensive funk I've ever seen, I second your emotion!

FYI mariner, I spoke to a Baquacil customer rep about the problems we were having with unclearable algae. After they gave me the long laundry list of products and procedures we needed to fund, I asked for the name of ONE individual or pool professional for whom all of this has worked. I was put on hold for 15 minutes, and then told (incorrectly) how to convert to chlorine.

The bottom line is that even the Baquacil people know that their products don't work.

I'm sorry that I was such a bonehead that I had to put myself through all of this before catching the drift, but suddenly I'm in love with the clean smell of chlorinated water.

I really wonder if a class action suit against the biguanide companies isn't in order. They really and truly do make false claims. I'm at the point of wondering if our water was ever really sanitized, even when it was clear.

+ Reply to Thread