Hi all, I will answer a couple of questions here. It is the outside temperature and the amount of direct sunlight that allows the liner to stretch, not the temperature of the water. It is very true that if you are losing your sunlight for the day and your liner has more stretching to do it is ok to shut the water off for the night and restart the next day.

As for the amount of stretch, I stretch my liners in over the existing pool framework and let the water smooth the wrinkles out. When the water is just a few inches from the edge of the pool I shut the water off and put the liner into place. That seems to be just the right amount of stretching to assure a wrinkle free installation.

With beaded liners, good luck. Meaning, beaded liners are much more difficult to install. Most of the time they are to big for the pool and leave a lot of extra baggage on the sides. Secondly they are not meant to be stretched in so working the liner into place from inside the pool will usually cause unwanted footprints. My solution for this is to stretch the beaded liner into the pool like I would an overlap liner. When the water is near the edge of the pool I decide how I want to finish it. Most of the time I pull the liner over the wall and use coping to hold it in place, just like an overlap. If I see that it will stretch in nice using the bead receiver I will use that method. This way I know that however I do it, it will turn out nice. As for the shop vac, I don’t use one. That last few inches of stretch on the liner walls eliminates the need for one.