+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barracuda keeps getting stuck

Default Barracuda keeps getting stuck

I've got a Barracuda pool cleaner and it keeps getting stuck in the same place. I have an irregular-shaped pool and once the cleaner reaches a certain spot (right in a corner) it no longer moves. I think a lot of it has to do with the hose I am using because once it does reach the stuck position, by that time the hose is running along the side of the pool. I also notice the Barracuda runs backwards only...were they meant to run forwards as well if they reach a dead end? I've heard about weighting the cleaner, but have no idea how to accomplish this or if it would work. I am also wondering if they make a more flexible hose to prevent it from causing the cleaner to get stuck. I think if it were more flexible, it would get stuck less.

Thanks

noworries is offline ** No working email address ** noworries 0

Default Re: Barracuda keeps getting stuck

Try taking a section of hose off.

Default Re: Barracuda keeps getting stuck

Hi TCB,
    Mine used to get stuck in my irregularly shaped pool as well. Shortening the hose so that it's 1 length (4 ft I think) longer than the longest distance from your suction end to the other end of the pool is one thing that may help. In my case, I noticed that I hadn't adjusted the suction "power" enough and it was sucking way to hard, so if the Barracuda gets stuck and on top of it is sucking too hard to the bottom it will be harder for it to shake loose with the vibrations of the hose. The Barracuda comes with that see-through plastic piece with a black (or red?) "flap" on a spring, make sure to attach it at the end of the hose where the Barracuda goes and measure the suction, and that it falls within the recommended level. Then adjust the opening on the plastic part that goes into the skimmer or vaccuum port.

As for going forward when it gets stuck - no, it only goes backwards.

HTH
    C

+ Reply to Thread