+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Frustrated Baquacil Customer

VOLDADDY is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher VOLDADDY 1 star

Default Re: Frustrated Baquacil Customer

That's how quickly the bleach is consumed, by both Baquacil and sunlight. Your bleach eats away at the Baquacil best when the sun is down, so if I were you i would test at least 2 more times tonight and dose to 15, and then right before bedtime. Then as soon as you get up early Am test and dose again.

I posted my conversion pics here a while back. Look on the first page for it and you can see how my pool looked, and gauge where you are at. You will have a brand new sparkling pool to enjoy and show off to family and friends next weekend!

Well, I have heart, woke this AM and put more chlorine (bleach) in, I was down to 3 ppm again. added 10 Liters of bleach, back up to 15 ppm.

The good news is that the pool looks less like bright green gatorade and more like a pale green color, I can see the bottom a little better and seems it's starting to clear a bit more. So, I must be heading in the right direction.

I brushed the pool yesterday, side and bottom, I'm thinking I should have vacuumed to waste as I got all kinds of scummy stuff floating around, some was white and some was orange, all of it kind of slimey looking.

Should I just brush or vacuum, should I vacuum to waste or wait for the whole process to be finished before I do that part??

Again, thanks to you guys for all your help so far, I'm really excited at having a clear pool and can't wait to get back to swimming. I do laps 3 times a week, so I'm really missing my exercise.

stma is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst stma 0

Hi "Jay":
    When I did the conversation 2 years ago, I brushed, vacuumed to waste and added additional water when it was needed...I did this every day of the conversion

Your water "color chart" is/was identical to my pool water during the conversion..so you're definitely on track....

One of the past posters had a very good point though, and thats to wait till the sun goes down to blast up to 15ppm's..then repeat the same in the AM hours...it sounds as though you're losing a ton of ppm's in the Texas daylight...

Total conversion for me was 7 days....(crystal in 5 and a few extra "insurance" days of high CL levels to complete the process)

When everything is said and done with the conversion, PLEASE make sure to change out your sand (I think you said you have a sand filter)...not doing so will bring you back to square one again..

Let us know how you're doing ?? Haven't heard from you in a few days...

Thanks for check in, I'm doing great, pool is clearer than it has ever been, we changed out the sand last night, added more bleach and then stabilizer to 30ppm.

I am so happy and excited, this is what a swimming pool is supposed to look like!!

I wasn't sure about the recommended level for stabilizer and I didn't want to over stabilize. What is the recommened level.

Thanks!!!

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Smile Re: Frustrated Baquacil Customer

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird70
    Thanks for check in, I'm doing great, pool is clearer than it has ever been, we changed out the sand last night, added more bleach and then stabilizer to 30ppm.

I am so happy and excited, this is what a swimming pool is supposed to look like!!

I wasn't sure about the recommended level for stabilizer and I didn't want to over stabilize. What is the recommened level.

Thanks!!!
    The recommended level is much debated around here--some prefer to keep theirs low and add a little bleach every night, and some prefer to keep theirs higher, running higher minimum Cl levels but adding less often. A lot depends on your pool's chlorine usage during the dayl. Try it at 30 or so, see how it works for you. If you find that Cl is being consumed too quickly, then up it a little until you get to a point you can live with.

Congrats on the pool conversion, you won't be disappointed!!

Janet

stma is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst stma 0

(added more bleach and then stabilizer to 30ppm.)

Be careful Jay not to bleach out your liner, 30ppm is pretty high for vinyl..

VOLDADDY is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher VOLDADDY 1 star

Quote Originally Posted by stma
    (added more bleach and then stabilizer to 30ppm.)

Be careful Jay not to bleach out your liner, 30ppm is pretty high for vinyl..
    I think Jaybird meant the CYA was raised to 30 PPM, not the FC.

+ Reply to Thread