+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dolphin Dynamic...an update

Default Dolphin Dynamic...an update

Hi All,
    By now everyone knows I am a big fan of my Dynamic. It's cheaper than all other remote controlled robotic cleaners and with Costco standing behind the product I feel pretty good.

Anyway, Skillset asked me how long it would take to clean the bottom of the pool if I shut off the climbing. The lowest time I could input was 2 hrs but that wasn't the best part.

While watching it clean I noticed the cleaner would stop, turn and then continue in another direction a la Blue Diamond. It doesn't do this if you have climbing turned on though. It would appear that the BD's programming is not that exclusive but is not included in all of the Dolphins settings. It's 2 hours later and my pool is 95% clean.

I have to say I'm pretty excited. It was the randon programming that I wished my Dolphin had and it appears that it does. So thanks Skillset for prompting me to try the other settings.

Joe

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Dolphin Dynamic...an update

I probably should post this in my "weird" thread.

As you may know, the other day Smart Pool sent me a brandy-new Dolphin Dynamic and sent a call-tag for the old, bad one--the one they said was fine.

Well, this morning I heaved the new one in and started it up. It immediately began moving as it should, climbing walls, and, in general behaving like the Dolphin I loved for almost 2 years. Now I haven't been watching as I had to go to work, but I was VERY encouraged to see the new one doing things the old used to do and stopped doing.

I'll let you know later if it continued on that positive note.
    Carl

Skillset Guest

Joe: Thanks for running the bottom test for me! I'd be running this mode most of the time. My fiberglass pool's walls need to be lightly brushed only once a month or less and I've never had trouble with the waterline, so I'd be using the cleaner most of the time on the bottom. My main concern was getting this done in a short time - 2 hours is reasonable and with the Costco return policy, it's tempting.

Carl - thanks for the BD info. All the more reason that if I buy it, to go with a place that accepts returns. If it can't do my 16x33 pool without a remote for $1300, forget it !

west1745 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst west1745 0

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD
    I probably should post this in my "weird" thread.

As you may know, the other day Smart Pool sent me a brandy-new Dolphin Dynamic and sent a call-tag for the old, bad one--the one they said was fine.

Well, this morning I heaved the new one in and started it up. It immediately began moving as it should, climbing walls, and, in general behaving like the Dolphin I loved for almost 2 years. Now I haven't been watching as I had to go to work, but I was VERY encouraged to see the new one doing things the old used to do and stopped doing.

I'll let you know later if it continued on that positive note.
    This is very encouraging news indeed - since I bought my Dolphin Diagnostic a few months ago based on rave reviews on this forum and other research.

I have decided to only run the Dolphin when needed - we brush a lot more now. And when we put the Dolphin in the pool we take it out when the pool looks good - this is about 2-3 hours after we put it in versus just letting it go for 8. We also wash the bag in the washing machine every time and we rinse the machine after each use - and keep indoors.

Hopefully a little preventative medicine goes a long way.

+ Reply to Thread