+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stain on Fiberglass steps

jnorris is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst jnorris 0

Default Stain on Fiberglass steps

I had waterline stains on my fiberglass steps, they were sort of grayish greenish colored. Wierd thing is, we also have a fiberglass swimout, and there were no stains on the swimout. Anyway, I had read that someone tried the Magic Eraser, so I tried it and it worked like a charm!!! My question is, should I further investigate the cause of the stain (metals, etc?) or just be thankful that all seems OK? My numbers are:

FC and TC 5.0
    CYA 50
    PH 7.6
    TA 140

I use bleach to chlorinate and shock, and trichlor sticks when out of town. Pool was filled May of this year, and I've had nothing but clear blue water all season.
    Judy

Designated "pool girl" for 16 x 40 IG vinyl pool (installed in 2006) in S.C.

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Default Re: Stain on Fiberglass steps

I would not worry about any other stains - it was probably some kind of build up, and the magic eraser worked. If you really had a problem with metals, there would be more stains. All of your numbers look good, but I am not sure how you measure your TA. If it is just alkalinity, then it is a little high - Alkalinity should be between 80 & 120. But if your water is clear, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

+ Reply to Thread