+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy Aquapure SWG Circuit Boad Problem

Default Jandy Aquapure SWG Circuit Boad Problem

I just had a repair tech out today, and as I have read in the forum the Jandy Aquapure circuit boards have been having many problems. He replaced mine under warranty. He said Jandy has developed one that fixes the problems of the older one. So if your having a problem with your Jandy Aquapure SWG it may be the circuit board. Think all is well now.

Default Re: Jandy Aquapure SWG Circuit Boad Problem

what was the problem prior to replacing it? My cell is not making any chlorine and i was wondering if that could be a circuit board issue. i clean cell regularly, there is no debris or calcium buildup.

My cell wasn't making enough chlorine. The tech diagonised it as working intermitently. He said that the old circuit board design had caused many odd problems.

Since the circuit board was replaced the unit has been producing 5 times the amount of chlorine, while only running half the time. What a saving on electric it should be!

Well my AquaPure 1400 stopped making chlorine with the code 172 181
    I may need a circuit board replacement

I had the same code and problem in the spring and the pool builder replaced my circuitboard. Luckily mine was only a year old and was still under warranty. Been working wonderfully since and seems to be more efficient.

I'm curious what you folks with Aquapures run your production % at. I had mine at 30 and seemed to be keeping Cl around 3ppm with a CYA level 30-40. I bumped it up to 40 since it seemed that I was seeing too much sediment on the steps when I brushed the pool and thought it could be algae starting. All seems better now. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keastman View Post
    I'm curious what you folks with Aquapures run your production % at. I had mine at 30 and seemed to be keeping Cl around 3ppm with a CYA level 30-40. I bumped it up to 40 since it seemed that I was seeing too much sediment on the steps when I brushed the pool and thought it could be algae starting. All seems better now. Thanks
    I believe that, for this information to be useful, it needs to be accompanied by the pool volume and whether the user is running a 700 or 1400 system.
    Pool owner - contract signed 21Aug2006; HOA approval granted; complete - existing patio demolition; excavation; rebar; embedded plumbing; gunite; plumbing; electrical; tile and coping; decking; plaster; pool fill; acid start-up; regular start-up; pool school; gas meter upgrade; additional of salt; PDA remote programming.

It's a 22K gal pool, NE Florida, no screened, heavy tree load, cell on 12 hours a day, 1400 unit, new this spring, Replaced the original Clormatic III.

+ Reply to Thread