+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any Pool Rover owners out there?

Default Re: Any Pool Rover owners out there?

The Pool Rover Plus is for inground pools.

The Plus also redirects some of the water that goes through the pump back down the sides to the bottom of the Rover. This is supposed to jet clean the pool floor, it helps to lift sand and grit so it gets picked up better by the Rover. Plus, the Plus will climb out of a deep end and is capable of climbing the inclined walls of a vinyl pool (but not straight up the sides).

I've had my Rover Plus for about 3 months of use. So far I like it. The cord gets tangled (especially if I run it twice), but it definitely picks up blown in dirt and LOTS of hair. I bought the Rover over an Aquabot type of cleaner because of occasional complaints from folks about the "scrubbing" type of cleaners wearing the liner.

So, my only real complaint is self inflicted - the Rover Plus doesn't really "scrub" the bottom of the pool, so sometimes the bottom feels a little slick. In a vinyl IG like mine, it also leaves a small pile of dirt in one of the corners in the deep end (always the same corner too, not sure why). I have only used the fine bag so far and it really picks up fine dirt and sand (our pool is new so we are still working on completing the landscaping so we get a lot of blown in dirt).

mohawk is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mohawk 0

Thanks for the info on the Plus. I called the 800 number listed on the instructions and they said to wash the bag because of the density of the fabric. I'm not sure if that will help with the suction of the machine, but I'll give it a try. The directions say when the Rover makes its first move across the pool it will be in a straight line. Mine never goes in a straight line. Does anyone else have a Rover that does this? Thanks for the info. Denise

I only wash my filter bag occasionally. Mainly I use the method recommended by CarlD (I believe). Fill a bucket (I use a 3 gallon paint bucket from HD). Turn the filter inside out. Rinse repeatedly. Toss water and refill. Rinse and wring filter. Let air dry inside out. Works great.

My Rover plus does go straight first, then curves, then straight/curve and so on. In one direction, it should go straight, in the other, it should curve. It sounds like you may not be putting the pin in the front (it should be moved from side to side every run or so to even out twists in the cord).

mohawk is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mohawk 0

The pin is in the position the manufacturer placed it. It's set in the hole closest to the middle of the unit. It curves on almost every pass. I'll have to call the company again and see if they suggest something else. I had it clean twice today and I still have alot of dirt around the outer most edge of the pool.

Sorry, this is an old post but I just bought the Pool Rover Junior at Costco and was doing a search on this forum.

Does anyone know if the Pool Rover works less efficiently in cold water? My pool temp is around 40 degrees and it's been in the pool twice (4 hours total). We still have lots of dirt in the pool. I'm wondering if maybe it's because the water is so cold and that the dirt is frozen in the water. We did take our pole and kicked up the dirt a little.

We would heat up the pool, but our heater is on the whack. We have a repair guy coming out tomorrow. Yikes!!
    24' Above Ground Pool x 54" depth -- 14,000 Gallons (approximately) -- 1 1/2 HP Hayward DE Filter (model EC 45) -- Hayward H150 Gas Heater

+ Reply to Thread