+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Pool Rover owners out there?

Default Any Pool Rover owners out there?

Hello all! I just purchased a Pool Rover for my AG pool and can't wait to get home to try it out. Any other Pool Rover owners out there? I would like to know what you think of it and if you have had any problems that I might need to be aware of.

Default Re: Any Pool Rover owners out there?

I have a Pool Rover Plus for my in-ground pool (2 summers). I really loved it when it was working but it just broke for the third time so I am replacing it with a suction side cleaner. If you live by a service center it would not be so bad when they break but having to send a Rover back to NJ every time they break gets expensive. I think an electrical surge may have killed my transformer this time; my mistake for not unplugging it. Good luck with your Rover, I think you will love it unless it stops working and you have to send it back.

Hey there Kathy! Sorry to hear that your robot broke Hopefully you will have better luck with your new cleaner. Well, so far so good with mine. I have used it 3 times now and can't believe the stuff it picks up! This sucker is awesome!! I bought it because I was sick of my Barracuda having a love affair with my pool steps ! So far the Rover is working beyond my expectations *fingers crossed* and I love that I don't have to hook up any hoses. What kind of side suction cleaner are you getting?

mohawk is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mohawk 0

We just recieved the pool rover and I'm not to sure if it's going to work out or not. It ran 2 hrs in the pool and there was still alot of dirt at the bottom of the pool. I ran it again and it was much cleaner. I'll try it once more to see what happens. Any advice for fine tuning?

Mohawk, how big is your pool? If your pool is really big, it might take more than 2 hrs. to clean. Are you using the "fine" bag or the "mesh" bag? Are you giving it enough time to reach the other side of the pool before it reverses? Do you have the pin all the way down in the hole? Those are the only things I can think of that might make a difference. Let me know how it goes.

The pool is a little over 20,000 gallons and I sure it's the fine mesh bag.

Mohawk, my pool is 33' round and 28,000 gallons. The Rover cleaned it perfectly in 2 hours, but maybe my pool wasn't as dirty as yours. I would give it a couple more tries before I gave up on it.

Our pool has been in for about 1 month and we had to lower the soil around it to meet the 4 ft. city law. Needless to say, I think the dirt that surrounds it is kicked up by the wind and lands in the pool. We don't want to sod until the inspector gives the ok. It may be a while until then-I'll give the Rover a few more tries before making a decision.

Hopefully it will work out for you. Before I got the Rover I was using a Barracuda and was not happy to say the least. Hubby was upset that I spent so much money on a vacuum but he knows that if I ain't happy then ain't no one happy!! (Needless to say, it has been quite nice lately at the ranch !)

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Pool Rover and the Pool Rover Plus?

+ Reply to Thread