+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Guy Theory????

Default New Guy Theory????

Thanks to help from you guys and gals the pool has been a breeze this summer. The 3 B's have been great and the help from the forum has been even better.
    I was just wondering about my ph remaining stable at 7.5 and 7.6 when others have trouble with it going up using bleach. My alkalinity is 90 and this is the low end of the scale but the ph hangs tight at 7.5 to 7.6 excluding rain events.
    I realized over the weekend that I keep my jets pointing upwards to ripple the water and I am wondering if this is what is helping to keep my ph stable or is it that I am just fortunate?

duraleigh Guest

Default Re: New Guy Theory????

If you consider the ratio of gallons of pH12 bleach added to the total gallons of pH7.5 pool water, the math says that adding bleach has VERY little affect on pH.

If the pH in someones pool jumps quickly....it's not bleach, IMHO.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: New Guy Theory????

As the chlorine breaks down, it lowers pH by just about the same amount the high pH bleach raises it. So the use of Bleach generally has a net zero-sum effect on pH.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread