+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help.....Im in conversion confusion

Default Help.....Im in conversion confusion

Well, I will start by saying Im in trouble, I live in a town where the pool store is run by a TROLL...Absolute miserable merchant.and no help. Anyway I decided to jump off BAQUACIL cause it is costing me a fortune.

Baq reading below 30 ppm

I have a 24' x 52" round pool. Before finding the site I dumped 4 lbs of non chlorine shock into the pool and ran for 24 hrs then threw in a bag of aqua chem shock, then a day later threw in 2 bags aqua chem shock. Total mess.

I read the forum and decided to go the bleach route. Dumped in 4 gals of 6% bleach and started to get the funky colors.......dumped some more bleach a day later.....still funky colors.....I am cleaning my Cart. filter daily and getting alot of orange/rusty skank coming out./I think I am holding chlor overnight cause I test in am and get agood reading. Cheap test kit from Walmart. PH might be a little low so I was gonna get soem Borax.

Readings this morning are -
    Chlor way above 5 ppm -that the limit of my test kit
    PH 6.8- 7.2 very faint color -
    Alkalinity I think is 110-170
    Stabalizer 20ppm

should I keep adding bleach???????I am getting gunk out but I thought after several days I would be done by now........HELP. My kids and wife are going to throw me in the soup bowl (pool)

duraleigh Guest

Default Re: Help.....Im in conversion confusion

What does your water look like?

The color is a milky tinted yellow/green more milky than green, I cant see bottom

Keep going man! Don't lose hope.

Red face Re: Help.....Im in conversion confusion

I just put another jug 6% ultra through skimmer....Do I need the borx to raise the PH?:

duraleigh Guest

Keep your chlorine level at 12 - 15 'til your water is sparkling clear.......don't dabble at it like you've been doing...you've got to test and dose accurately to get your water clear.

Since you don't have a decent test kit, you can (inaccurately) get fairly close by adding 2/3 distilled water to your pool water to test for Cl. The test result is then multiplied by three to get a rough idea of your Cl level. Download "bleachcalc" from this forum and apply your chlorine in accurate doses. You should be testing and adding three times daily or more. Adding Cl after dark will be more effective.

Adjust your pH and change your cartridge after your water is perfectly clear.

The reason it is taking you so long is because you are not being consistent and accurate with you chlorine application. The above steps will get you on track and accelerate the process.
    Last edited by duraleigh; 07-30-2006 at 06:07 PM.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

You need to keep shocking with bleach until your water is clear of bacqua-goo. Tell your family it's for their safety and tell them to "Kwitcherbellyaching!"
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

You can speed the process up by testing as frequently during the day as you can, and each time adding enough bleach to take your cl level back up to 15. The more often you do it, the quicker your conversion will be.

Smile Re: Help.....Im in conversion confusion

Thanks to all, I went and got some distilled water. Going to use bleach calc.:

Been keepin my cl @ 10-15 all day

+ Reply to Thread