+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Help.....Im in conversion confusion

Default Re: Help.....Im in conversion confusion

Not to sound too ingrateful......I think its ungrateful....Peace out

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

When we are stressed we snap and lash out. Sometimes some of us trying to help get a little frustrated and get snippy. Other times the person needing the help isn't following or thinks they are being talked down to. And may well be. But remember, many of us have seen the same problems again and again--they are new to the "victim" of algae or bacquacil or the "pool-stored" but not to those who have been active here for years.

Then there are people I simply cannot help. Whatever I say they ignore or it makes them angry, whatever they say makes me feel I'm wasting my efforts. What I do, and I think the BEST solution, is let someone else help.

We monitors all have found personalities with whom we clash. We simply step away and let one of the others help.

Back to the topic at hand:
    Here's my take: Without testing you don't KNOW that DaveS was right and that your liner was in danger.

Quite frankly, I must respectfully disagree with him: When you are in a battle with algae or bac, FC levels drop SO rapidly as it's consumer, that you may never get near an FC that bleaches the liner.

Still you cannot calculate your FC, you must measure it.

It is always wise to be careful of damaging your liner, so that's why there are specific shock levels for each level of CYA.

And that's why you need to test frequently when you are fighting a battle.
    Carl

VOLDADDY is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher VOLDADDY 1 star

Quote Originally Posted by chlorinebound
    Not to sound too ingrateful......I think its ungrateful....Peace out
    You are correct, it was a typo. That's what I get for trying to type fast. Thanks for the correction, and good luck on your pool conversion. You will be forever glad you got rid of Baquacil and switched to the BBB method. You'll just have to find another use for all of the $$$ you save. I was spending $200 per month on Baquacil sanitizer/algistat, shock, every miscellaneous miracle cure for algae, and I still had algae growing wild. Now, nothing but crystal clear water, albeit HOT crystal clear water.

Cool Re: Help.....Im in conversion confusion

The bleach did work, This site did help. My pool is clear. I think I may have been trying to have fun while in the conversion. Quite different living in the country with one pool store that is not customer oriented. I think all of you who try and help us less educated on this site deserve a big round of applause.....
    Clap,clap,clap,clap............

VOLDADDY is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher VOLDADDY 1 star

Now all you need is Ben's test kit, and you will have a trouble free pool you can actually enjoy swimming in instead of working on.

+ Reply to Thread