+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Salt Generator is the best?????

Default Which Salt Generator is the best?????

We are in the process of ordering our pool and are wondering which SAlt Generator is the best for our climate and our usage. We are in Yuma Arizona and have two kids that are part fish. We have plenty of sand storms and 115 degree weather, the pool is 34X16 and 8 feet deep. The wife has used her veto power and selected a Salt Generator instead of a standard chlorine system.

Any other information regarding filters, pumps and cleaning system would be appreciated.

Thank you

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Default Re: Which Salt Generator is the best?????

Your wife is a smart lady. You won't regret the SWG. All the major ones have their pro and cons. I personally think the Pool Pilot Digital is an excellent unit and also think the Goldlilne Control units are sturdy perfomers! The Zodiac LM3 is a bit less expensive and Ihave not heard anything bad about it. If you choose a unit that offers different sized cells oversize your cell! You can run it on a lower output and it will last longer!
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

roll tide is offline ** No working email address ** roll tide 0

I have the Polaris Auto Clear. Although I'm a new pool owner, I have been mostly displeased with it and would recommend against it. We've replaced one already and my pool builder finally said some others he's put in have been a little trouble.

Now my problem with it is periodically I have to unplug it / replug it to get the readings to show up when I press the 'Test' button - which gives readings I need such as chlorine generating. Also, you will stay on hold about 15 minutes before talking to someone at Polaris tech support. Not sure whether that's good or bad.

I must admit that I have pretty high standards regarding things I spend my money on.

Some may disagree, but if I did it again I would take a chance with another unit.

I recently installed an Ecomatic ESC-36 on my pool and so far have no problems. I agree with the recommendation that you oversize the unit. I have a 20000 gallon pool and bought the system rated up to 40000 gallons. it runs at about 25% to produce the chlorine I need.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Davenj is offline Lifetime Member Thread Analyst Davenj 0

Poolpilot for about a year. Very satisfied with it. Had the features I wanted. PoolSean is rep. from AutoPilot and contributes here. He doesn't push on product over another. But its nice having a rep out among the people. I have an oversized cell also.

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

I have the Goldline Aqualogic and for the most part it is a pretty good unit.

Pros are the pricing and the combined full controller with the SWG. I have 4 valve, 8 relay unit.

Cons are the 120 minute cycle and the cell goes to high salt when solar turns on (due to water > 108 degrees) which will not reset for 2 hours because of the cycle time.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

+ Reply to Thread