+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polaris 165

Default Polaris 165

Any coments on the Polaris 165? Anybody have one and like/dislike it?

I like the price and the design seems to elimnate any possibility of the unit getting stuck on drains etc. (as it floats on the top of the water and drags the pressure hose).

I have a 16X32 inground with a slanted bottom (vinyl over cement).

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Polaris 165

It is basically the same model as the 65 model which is for AG pools. I have a 65. It does do a pretty good job at picking up leaves, twigs, large debris, but it doesn't do such a good job getting dirt. (Even with some cotton balls in the bag as suggested to help trap stuff.) The tail/collection bag that drags around the pool just stirs the dirt up into suspension and traps little of it. Then, when the water settles again, the dirt just resettles on the floor. Some people are going to tell you that they really like this unit, but in my opinion, I can do a better job and faster myself. Just my $.02.

jenpen400 Guest

I agree with watermom on the fine stuff but if you have lots of leaves I does a good job. My 65 is 10 years old and other than replacing hoses and bags it is still in service. BTW I contacted customer service and told them I aquired it used and they still were very helpfull thats a big plus for me. It's not smart or fast It does not get everything but if you get lots of leaves its worth looking into.

Jennifer

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I like my 165. I DID have a problem with the floating unit, but Polaris sent me new guts under warranty with no hassle. I installed them and it's been fine. In between when my Dolphin failed and my Blue Diamond arrived I dragged it out and it worked perfectly.
    Carl

I have had the 165 for about 4 years and I like the results I get with it. I do find that it has a hard time with debris in the corners. I use the 165 all the time a do some touch up with my Poolbuster.

Not a bad unit for the price.

Question: So the actual "unit" floats on the surface of the pool?? That sounds kind of weird; guess I'm used to the "chug around the bottom" models.

There is a unit that floats on the top of the water and a hose that has a bag at the end of it that drug along the bottom collecting the debris.

Thanks very much for all of the input. It sounds like the 165 may be an inexpensive and simple choice for me. My pool doesn't get really dirty (other than when opening it in the spring) so the 165 may be worth a shot.

+ Reply to Thread