+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: AG Pool Audio System.

sailork is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst sailork 0

Default Re: AG Pool Audio System.

That sounds nearly ideal Phillbo. Have you had any trouble with corrosion in the connection or has it held up fine? I'm wondering if I'll need to solder on a terminal...
    Last edited by sailork; 08-02-2006 at 03:44 PM.
    22,000 gal gunite pool, 1.5 hp pump, DE filter, and dreams of a SWG.

I've never had any corrosion issues.. I live in Aridzona though.. nothing rust out here
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

sailork is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst sailork 0

Yeah, I thought of that after I sent it. I think Gold rusts here in Houston...
    22,000 gal gunite pool, 1.5 hp pump, DE filter, and dreams of a SWG.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I listened to the Yamahas and the Bose, and to my ears, the Boston Acoustics gave a truer, smoother sound. But, then again, the BA Voyager 6's are at a completely different price point. The great thing about speakers and audio in general is there is NO best, just what you like and makes you happy. That's what's best.

Malibu wire should be OK since it's pretty heavy and stranded, but I preferred to go to 14gauge multistrand. H-D sold it for $.39/foot, which is pretty cheap. I remember Monster Cable selling the same stuff for $16./foot! Yeah, really! Maybe they worked for BioGuard at one point? I try to keep everything covered. The boxes for the speaker connections on the wall are covered, too.

I use short jumpers with gold pins to gold sockets. The speakers are under the eaves so they don't get direct weather--and come the fall, they come down in less than 5 minutes with no tools.

Remember when wiring speakers to make the wire length to each side EXACTLY the same length, even if you have to wrap up a section of cord and hide it. It's very important if you want them both sound the same and not have to struggle with the balance knob.
    Last edited by CarlD; 08-02-2006 at 04:48 PM.
    Carl

Hey hey

you guys hit on my other hobby...audio

I haven't begun looking into outdoor speakers yet...but I plan to put this on next years projects.

should be fun!

dan
    Last edited by gonefishin; 08-02-2006 at 06:11 PM.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin
    Hey hey

you guys hit on my other hobby...audio

I haven't begun looking into outdoor speakers yet...but I plan to put this on next years projects.

should be fun!

dan
    All you need is a boat and you can be SURE your kids won't see college!

Presto! Change-o! See the bank account magically empty!
    Carl

BOAT= Break Out Another Thousand
    Attached Images
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Boat:
    A hole in the water
    surrounded by wood
    into which you pour money!
    Carl

sun, fun and thongs

Carl, how true it is. I sold my last boat the year before my first daughter started college. She is now being paid by Yale to do her doctorate work there. Daughter number two attended Berklee Music college and is now producing CD's at Jenson studios in LA. Daughter number three starts ASU in a few weeks. Daughter four, close behind, wants to be a vet. I have it worked out that I can own a boat again in eight years. Maybe just a rowboat, but I will be on the lake again someday.

Best to all, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

+ Reply to Thread