+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone know of any above ground pools that have a deep end?

Default Does anyone know of any above ground pools that have a deep end?

I was just curious are there any above ground pools I can find online that have deep ends? thanks

Default Re: Does anyone know of any above ground pools that have a deep end?

ah, just noticed the post below mine. Seems these pools are called on ground pools. that will make my search alot easier.

b2001 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst b2001 0

I bought a 18' x 36' x 48" tall Doughboy ag pool from a distributor in the Dallas area. I had the pool set 2' into the ground and had a deep end - about 5 1/2' to 6' deep for maybe about a 12' x 15' area, gently sloping from one end - put in. A contractor did the work.

I really don't have any idea if the liner was specific for that particular setup. You might try calling the online stores - it would appear that at least you can do it with Doughboy pools.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

FantaSea, Kayak, DoughBoy. Just for starters.
    Carl

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Seaspray pools also are able to be deep end pools. There are specific instructions and a deep end liner to order. We would have gone that route but our water table is too high to risk issues in the spring with the deep end floating up. DH claims next liner will be deep end as by then we hope to be our other house where water table is not an issue. I would be interested in seeing someone's photos of theirs when installed...
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

Dougboy still makes the best expandable liner on the market, that I have seen. It is truly expandable. If you dig 6" in the center or 2 1/2 feet at one end the same liner will fit. 95% of the time without a single wrinkle. As a pro wrinkles are a big thing with me. I tell everyone wanting me to install a deep end in a non Doughboy pool that I cannot guarentee against wrinkles. With Doughboys I do not mention that disclaimer. It is never an issue.

I would love to see and hear comments from others that have had experience with deep ends. Especially other brands. How did the liner fit and were you happy with the outcome?

Later, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

My FantaSea has a 5.5' hopper deep end. The original installation was beautiful and loved it. Then, 10 days later the liner failed at a seam and washed the sand out. The liner company agreed to replace the liner AND install it. They got a local installer who did an ATROCIOUS job--seems they didn't know how to do a sand base, only vermiculite. The liner is holding, but it has the worst set of foot prints and wrinkles you ever saw. But the deep end is fine. It's about 11x14, then ramps up on all 4 sides to the 4' depth. I've been torn now between wanting the liner to fail so I can FINALLY get it re-installed correctly, and not wanting to mess with replacing the liner for as many years as I can!

We had thought about the 7.5' deep end but Island Pools strongly recommended against it and we figured if they are that much bigger on the 5.5', maybe go with their advice. We haven't regretted it.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by hrsdennis
    Dougboy still makes the best expandable liner on the market, that I have seen. It is truly expandable. If you dig 6" in the center or 2 1/2 feet at one end the same liner will fit. 95% of the time without a single wrinkle. As a pro wrinkles are a big thing with me. I tell everyone wanting me to install a deep end in a non Doughboy pool that I cannot guarentee against wrinkles. With Doughboys I do not mention that disclaimer. It is never an issue.

I would love to see and hear comments from others that have had experience with deep ends. Especially other brands. How did the liner fit and were you happy with the outcome?

Later, Dennis
    Dennis, we installed a Doughboy with a deep end (approx 6', sloping from about halfway on our 32' length, with a walk-ledge approx 32" on sides and 18" at end.) Our installation was a bit unusual though since we were installing over a prior septic field that had gravel trenches. We have huge "wrinkles", especially along the walkledge where it starts to slope down. Our installer recommended the perfect bottom over the sand, then a cushion bottom over the perfect bottom. I must say, we don't feel any gravel, but there are some "ridges" throughout the pool that I suspect are more likely from the cushion seams and/or lumps due to the inflexible nature of the perfect bottom. Any suggestions on how to alleviate the ridges and if we should even expect it to be any better, given our pool site?
    Thanks.
    Maureen

We installed an 18x38 doughboy a year ago. It has a 7ft. deep "hopper" end. We have recently started to have large "holes" and "trenches" in the shallow end of our pool. I think that is more due to improper installation of the pool krete by our contractor. We loved our pool other than that.
    Last edited by minermom; 08-13-2006 at 07:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread