+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: AquaSmarte Delivery System?

Default AquaSmarte Delivery System?

Hello, newbie pool owner here!! We have a 33' round AG pool (28,000 gallons) with a 1.5 HP Hayward pump and Swimpro Voyager Cart Filter. It has an AquaSmarte Delivery System #5720 on it. Is this similar to the Baquacil system? It is getting to be expensive to keep operating it and I want to convert to the BBB system, but I am not sure if it will hurt anything to just switch? Also, I keep seeing on the forum references to "DE" What does DE mean? Thanks!!

Default Re: AquaSmarte Delivery System?

Cannot answer your questions about AquaSmarte, but DE is Diatomaceous Earth. Read more about it here.
    ~Grace

Avid reader of this forum
    but alas, no pool... yet!

Thanks Grace! The Aqua Smarte is a mineral/chlorine system. You buy a mineral reservoir that stays in the cycler for the season and you add "Bac Pacs" which is chlorine tabs inside a cylinder thingie that sits inside of the mineral reservoir (expensive little boogers!). I am going through about 1 a week and have already spent well over $300.00 for my chemicals (and I am almost out!!)

I doubt that I have spent over $30 so far this season for chemicals. You should quit using that, get your water tested and post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by circlenranch
    It has an AquaSmarte Delivery System #5720 on it. Is this similar to the Baquacil system?
    Baqua is a non chlorine system, so, no, they are not similar I would ditch the $$$$$ bac pacs and go with BBB. JMHO! (and probably most everyone else's here, too! )
    ~Grace

Wow sevver!! I am so jealous!!! So do you think I can just take the mineral thingie out of the cycler and start the BBB right away? I tested the water yesterday evening and if I remember correctly the chlorine was at 0.5, the ph was at 7.2 and the CYA was at 0. I added some ph increaser last night and some pool shock also since the numbers were low.

JMHO! (and probably most everyone else's here, too! ) What does that mean?

JMHO = Just My Humble Opinion .......... on switching to BBB.
    Practically everyone here uses BBB, so they would agree you should switch to save youself some $$$
    ~Grace

You will need to increase the The CYA, You should shoot for 30 to 40. The Ph was a tad low, as was the chlorine, but you are dealing with that. How about the Total Hardness and the Total Alk? You can get a 5 way kit from Walmart or else a better Talor or Ben's Kit. I have the 5 way, and if I want anything more I take in a sample. But I plan on getting Bens kit when I can swing it.

Is it possible to just take the unit out of the loop? Is this a Baquacil type system? If so, I am thinking you should also change the filter media. I have no experience with the system you have at all.

If you want to learn how to mantain your pool this way, go to PoolSolutions.com and read everything you can there.

Good luck

Grace, JMHO Ah, I Gotcha!!!
    Sevver, I believe I can unhook the whole thing from the filter. When you say filter media, do you mean the cartridge? Sorry, I'm not too good with the lingo just yet!! I am going to Walmart today to get the 5-way kit. I only have the strips right now.

+ Reply to Thread