+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: AquaSmarte Delivery System?

Default Re: AquaSmarte Delivery System?

definately add bleach, and look into adjusting the CYA. See about raising the Ph too, although it is not really to bad now.

Thanks you guys!! I will let you know how it goes!

Hi CircleNRanch- what have you done with your Aqua Smarte?

I too have this system and have used up the chlorine bac pacs the company supplied and started using liquid bleach ala BBB. I set the control lever to MAX. I am keeping .5-1.5 ppm chlorine.

I am still using the mineral pac since it allows low levels of chlorine. I'll finish this season with it. I'll decide soon to buy a new mineral pac or not next spring. I must say the low chlorine level is appealing to me. My water is very clear. My parents had a pool while I was growing up and I never remember the water being this clear.

I was getting 2 weeks outta the chlorine bac pacs. My CYA is 25-30, a tad bit low maybe. I think your CYA being 0 is the reason you went through the chlorine pacs so quickly.

I think if we decide to go full BBB then it isn't any problem to just remove the packs, set the lever to MAX and go. I'll simply remove the white cycler if I find a reason not to use it next year.

BTW, since you mentioned prices, how much are cl bac pacs in your area? I find them on the web for $15 + ship. Also what was the price for a new cartridge?

ePoolUser- Steve
    Nashville, TN
    27'x52 AG

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

The major problem with continuing to use the copper system is that when you get high levels of copper in the pool, you start to get stains when you shock it, and green hair and nails when you swim in it. If you anticipate switching to BBB method, I'd do it now before the copper gets to a point where you have to use metal sequestrant to keep it from staining your pool.

Janet

Aylad,
    Are you sure the King Tech Aqua Smarte contains copper? I only ask b/c their websites states only silver and limestone are in the pack.

I only ask out of curiosity. I have no doubt silver isn't desirable either.

ePoolUser

ePoolUser, I have since converted entirely over to BBB and my water has never been clearer. You are probably right about my CYA level contributing to going through the bac-pacs so quickly so I did add some stabilizer. As far as the mineral system, I took it out as well. I had begun noticing that my return was starting to get a rust-colored film on it that I assume was copper. After removing the Mineral pack the film has not returned. I agree that a low chlorine amount was desirable in the beginning, however after reading through the forum, I believe that it is not as sanitary! I took back my remaining 5 bac-pacs to the pool store and got around $72.00 and some change for them. So that's about $14.00 or so each. Too expensive in my opinion!

+ Reply to Thread