+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to backwash

Default How to backwash

I'm sorry I realize this is a dumb question but this is our first summer with the pool and they showed me in May how to backwash and I only now need to do it but I forget how. I have a DE filter and I think I'm just supposed to pull the handle up but should the pool be on or off? Also, how long do I hold the handle up for?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Allison

Default Re: How to backwash

Quote Originally Posted by allison
    I'm sorry I realize this is a dumb question but this is our first summer with the pool and they showed me in May how to backwash and I only now need to do it but I forget how. I have a DE filter and I think I'm just supposed to pull the handle up but should the pool be on or off? Also, how long do I hold the handle up for?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Allison

The first thing to keep in mind is you should always cut the pump off every single time you move the multiport valve. Anyhow, here is a thread that should more than help you out on Backwashing a DE filter.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=3613

Hope it helps,
    ThePoolGuy
    Occupation = Amature Pool man.

NO I'm not here to sell or promote anythihg...well I do fell pretty strong about DE filters Just trying to futher my trade and maybe help someone in the process.

IG Pool & Spa...about 15,000 gl and a DE filter w a 2hp Sta-Rite pump.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Talking Re: How to backwash

Allison, welcome to the forum, it's a sincere pleasure to E-meet you First, the only dumb question is the one unasked!. Second, Poolguy's advice should be listened to (the link he gave you said exactly what I would have ) Third, I realize that being a new pool owner can be frustrating and confusing, the BEST thing for you to do is to go to PoolSolutions.com and read everything there, it'll 'catch you up' to the other folks here and give you a very solid foundation on pool care. If you ever have any other questions, all you need to do is post and the great folks here will bend over backwards to help! Again, welcome - Waste
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Default Re: How to backwash

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    the only dumb question is the one unasked!.

Thats no lie

And I also extend the welcome to the boards as well
    Occupation = Amature Pool man.

NO I'm not here to sell or promote anythihg...well I do fell pretty strong about DE filters Just trying to futher my trade and maybe help someone in the process.

IG Pool & Spa...about 15,000 gl and a DE filter w a 2hp Sta-Rite pump.

+ Reply to Thread