+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question of Color during Conversion

Default Question of Color during Conversion

Someone that gave me conversion information from another site told me that the only numbers I had to be concerned with during the conversion process was that of the santizier. Once I got the sanitizer to 0, I was to take a glass of pool water, add a few drops of bleach and if no color change, the pool was ready. I did and now my pool is a green mess.

Before, I had the baquacil numbers down low by adding 12 lbs of non-chlorine free shock to my 7567 gallon ab. As soon as I did the above and added chlorine shock w/tablet, I got a little of the brown/yellow scum but that soon disapated. I continued then to add chlorine shock (an additional 10 lbs.) and a gallon of bleach and it turned a nasty dark green (so dark I couldn't see bottom). Wouldn't hold chlorine. My husband and I decided to drain half of the pool last night and refill. I've vaccuumed alot of scum off of the bottom, and restarted the filter and now I have a nice see through pastel green. Is there any suggestions or is the end near? HELP!

texashornsbys

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Question of Color during Conversion

It is normal for a baq pool to turn green during the conversion to bleach. Read through some of the other threads in this section of the forum about the conversion of some other people's pools. You'll get a lot of information about what to expect during the process. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread