+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are all skimmers the same?

jenpen400 Guest

Default Are all skimmers the same?

OK I’ve had it with my Jacuzzi skimmer. Yea I know throw a throw a rock in it. The problem is I have to empty this skimmer. 3 times a day sometimes because of little wasps that turn my pool into a fear factor pool. I also have to use skimmer socks because some of the little devils fit through basket and clog up the pump basket in a matter of hours. Also with my 2 speed pump every time I change speeds it burps up the basket. Oh and my other complaint with this skimmer is that lots of bugs stick to the Styrofoam on the back of the weir instead of going into the basket. So I am thinking of changing to a Waterway skimmer because of the locking basket. Would I still be able to use skimmer socks? Does it have exposed Styrofoam on the weir?
    Thanks again
    jennifer

pool newby is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst pool newby 0

Default Re: Are all skimmers the same?

I have the wide mouth WaterWay skimmer, and am happy with it. I do like the locking basket, although I have no experience using the skimmer socks. I was thinking of trying them, but haven't really found the need to yet. Yes, the weir does have exposed styrofoam on the backside, but I haven't noticed any problems with bugs sticking to it, and I seem to get alot of bugs in my skimmer basket (no wasps), but alot of hardshell bugs and other ones I can;t identify, especially if I run my pump overnite.

Bob P
    pool newby
    E Tn

jenpen400 Guest

Is the basket snug or does it have a little bit of play in it? I wonder what I could cover the back of the wier with to make it smooth?

Thanks again!
    jennifer

pool newby is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst pool newby 0

The basket is fairly snug when it's locked, you just rotate it around to lock it position. Not sure if you could put something on the back of the weir, I'm guessing you probably would not need to with this model. If you likew, I can email you some pics of it.

Bob P
    pool newby
    E Tn.

jenpen400 Guest

Thanks, skimmer socks are similar to ladies stockings. Do you think they would fit ? a picture of the basket might help. I just need to keep these little wasps from cloging up the basket. Thanks sooooooooooo much.
    jennifer

Jenpen400,

I can tell you without a doubt that the skimmer socks will fit fine on this skimmer basket. I bought a package today to try out, since I have been having problems with vacuuming sand that is clogging my impeller in my pump. I put one on and vacuumed as usual and man, what a difference. The sock had about a fistful of sand in it that it had stopped from being sucked into the pump.

Bob P
    pool newby
    E Tn

jenpen400 Guest

Talking Re: Are all skimmers the same?

Thanks again, the socks do catch alot of fine stuff now I have to order one and talk hubby into installing it. Think I'll place a cooler of beer behind the pool with the skimmer on it.

Leave the cooler out with the beer and I will be there
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread