+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Critical MS Updates Available

Default Critical MS Updates Available

Microsoft has 6 critical security updates available as of today. Suggest everyone update ASAP.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Patch links

Hi Larry,

The Notes / Announcements section is really for me only, but I haven't been able to get the permissions set just right, so it's my fault, and not yours that you posted there.

And people do need to know about the IE patches. The best way for most folks to up date is to use auto-update, or to go to the Winupdate site at Microsoft. But, I've also got links to the TechNet pages for the two most critical problems, so those who want to do, can download the patches and run them directly.

CAUTION: those of you using modems, these patches are about 4 megabytes EACH. So, don't start downloading, just before you need to check the news or send an email!

Anyhow:

Winupdate site : http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

IE Mega-patch : Bulletin MS06-013

MDAC patch (also critical) : Bulletin MS06-015

These are not the only patches, just the most critical ones. Fix these, or stop using IE, or you WILL get hacked!

Ben

+ Reply to Thread