+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water temperature and Algea

Smile Water temperature and Algea

Hi All,

I have a 22000 gallon IG Plaster Pool with cartridge filter and SWG. It is my first season with a pool and also the pool is new. Beside some TA problems in the beginning my pool is doing great and this is because of all the great help I got here!!!!!!!!.

I only have to add Acid in to the water to keep the PH down beside that nothing else.
    Here are my #’s with PS234s

CYA 60
    PH 7.4
    TC 5
    FC 5
    CC 0
    TA 90
    Hardness 260-270
    Salt 3000 -3200 (not so sure if the last drop made a difference)
    Temperature 85

A chemical loving friend of mine came over yesterday and we started discussing what he adds into his pool and what I do. He is working with Balance Pack 100,200 and 300 something like that. But he also adds a lot of Algae stuff in the pool. I asked him if he has Algae or why is he adding all that stuff in. He told me that as soon as the water temperature gets over 87 even a perfect balanced pool will start blooming. I think I pushed him a bit when I told him that that is BS and that he should start reading here to learn how to get clear water with out all the stuff he puts in his water. He responded with wait until August when you get you first Algae bloom than I will swim when you have to drain.

After he left I started looking if I can find something about temperature and Algae but I can’t.

Is there a risk for Algae even with a good balanced pool?
    Do I have to shook more often when the water gets over 85? (So far I had to shook only once after a lot of rain)

I found some info about Algae in pools even with good TC and FC levels but nothing about when the temperature can become a problem .

Sorry for the long story.

The first thing I learned here is that if you spent a little time on preventive maintenance you will save a lot of time fixing problems. So I just want to make sure I don't have to watch out for the temperature.

Guido

duraleigh Guest

Default Re: Water temperature and Algea

The first thing I learned here is that if you spent a little time on preventive maintenance you will save a lot of time fixing problems. So I just want to make sure I don't have to watch out for the temperature.
    You have a good understanding of your pool water....your friend does not. You will waste time and energy trying to convert the "non-believers"......it's not worth it....let him spend his money in a way he thinks worthwhile and enjoy your savings.

While water temp has some affect on algae growth, your test results show you will have absolutely no problems....regardless of temperature.

PS - those are very nice test results....good work!

+ Reply to Thread