+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New pool - chlorinator

Question New pool - chlorinator

Good morning;

My new 27' round AG pool installation has been delayed again due to rain so I have time to change mind on a few things. When I purchased the pool, the person I was talking to convinced me to buy a chlorinator. What she told me made sense and I agreed to buy the chlorinator.

Now, after reading on this forum, I am very concerned about CYA levels. I understand that the pucks you have to use in the chlorinator will and about 2ppm of CYA for each 3" puck. At that rate my CYA level will be too high within a year and I will no longer be able to use the chlorinator.

My question is: Do I understand this correctly and should I tell them not to install the chlorinator? This way I can adjust the CYA manually and use non-stabilized chlorine (Bleach).

Thanks for you advice.
    Chuck

Default Re: New pool - chlorinator

I'm a brand new AG pool owner too, and we took ours off. However, they would be handy for when you're on vacation or something I suppose. If you do have it installed and then decide not to use pucks at all, the water will just pass through. You don't HAVE to use the chlorinator if it's there. Ours was leaking like a sieve through the cap, so it was just easier to ditch it.

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

Also, if you don't use it, good luck trying to get the lid off when you want to use it!
    I had to build a contraption with a 3 foot lever to get the power to unscrew that thing!
    Ended up being way too big a PIA so I just toss pucks into the back of teh steps or skimmer basket for the one week per year that I need to do so.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Save your money.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread