+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I be worried....

Default Should I be worried....

I have be come a faithfull reader of the pool forum..pretty much check it every day to see if i am having the same problems as someone else. I don't think i have run across this question yet though. I faithfully check my pool chemicals..pretty much every day. I started with the test strips but after listen to everyones advice i switched to a drop test kit. But honestly the numbers never changed. My question is...Pretty much since i got my PH and CYA and Chlorine under control... i haven't had to mess with any chemicals for PH and ALK...i've had rain, i've added tap water...but nothing seems to phase it. Is this how it should be? Is it normal not to mess with those much once you have them under control?

Default Re: Should I be worried....

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones

I have high alk fill water, so I have to mess with it and PH whenever I have to add more water.

Other than that, smooth sailing

Smile Re: Should I be worried....

Thank you...i know i shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...but this i my first year taking care of a pool..and to be so lucky and not have a lot of the problems others have seems too easy. It's kind of like taking a multiple choice test..and you haven't answered with the letter d yet...you start to think that the answer d has to be coming up...so eventually just to have piece of mind...you finally answer d...

I "fired" my poolstore last year. Found this place and have never looked back.

I've owned this pool for 12 years, and this is the best year we've ever had.

Go figure I wonder if I can get a refund...

My pool is also fairly stable, and I've wondered a if the kit is worth the $. Should I have not bought the larger kit, measuring pH and Cl, and leave the rest to the pool store.

Thanks to this site, I've obtained self confidence and understanding of the pool chemistry, that I would not have if I didn't regularly test for CYA, Ca, and TA.

That being said, to quote one of the moderators "stay ahead of your pool". I wouldn't be able to if I didn't regularly test. And I'm lazy enough that I would only go to the pool store in reaction to problems.
    Carl Schnurr
    96,000 litre inground, vinyl liner, 1 HP 1speed pump, sand filter, SWG, installed 2005.

+ Reply to Thread