+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water Sample Retriever.

Default Water Sample Retriever.

Just currious about this, thought it might make an interesting topic. Other than just using your arm, does anyone have a neat device that they use to take water samples out of the pool? Like a pole that your bottle attaches to and allows you to reach out to the center of the pool and get down 18" or so and take a sample.

Default Re: Water Sample Retriever.

I suppose you could use a pole and just tape a bottle on to it. Also, they make those grab claws for old people for reaching stuff that you could grip the bottle with.
    Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    18' x 40' IG - 22K gallons
    Sylvan Gunite Pool (1979)
    Plaster re-done (1997)
    48 Sq Ft Hayward D.E. Filter (2003)
    1.5 hp Hayward Super Pump (2006)

Smile Re: Water Sample Retriever.

Hi Les,
    I like your question.....been thinking about this myself! It's not just old people that need some assistance! Arthritis, DDD, injuries & misc ailments can make it very difficult to get down on your knees, extend the arm & dip! Hope you get some good responses. Happy swimming. Joyce

robin640 is offline ** No working email address ** robin640 0

I used a turkey baster the other day. Next time I will try the bottle of water method. Hummm... Maybe I can get one of my children to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by les_smith
    Other than just using your arm, does anyone have a neat device that they use to take water samples out of the pool? Like a pole that your bottle attaches to and allows you to reach out to the center of the pool and get down 18" or so and take a sample.
    I had thought about attaching a strip of Velcro to a pole and wrapping it around the sample bottle. Haven't tried it yet because I keep forgetting to buy the velcro.
    DerrikM

Remember though that you should take you water sample away from any return jets and keep your bottle upside down, then turn it rightside up when you are approximately 18" below the surface. Just holding the bottle upright when putting it into the water will mostly take the surface water to be tested, which will not be a good representation of a water sample.
    Sample bottles on a pole, whether it be held on by velcro, long reach arms, or other methods, if not held upside down is not doing much good and you might as well skim surface water and test. It is not a good representative of your pool water.
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

+ Reply to Thread