+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Converting to BBB

Default Re: Converting to BBB

Good Luck on the conversion. We did our pool about 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be more happy. Our pool water is crystal clear. In fact hubby said he received a call from NASA that the glare from our pool water was interfering with their signals to the shuttle. LOL

We went through almost 120 3quart jugs of 6% bleach. We have an 18x38 52 inch AGP with a 6 1/2 foot deep end.
    18x38 AGP with 6.5 foot deep end

Default Re: Converting to BBB Update!! COMPLETE

Conversion complete!!!

45 gallons at 10% strenght and 12 gallons at 6% strenght and sand in the filter. Sold my left over baquacil on ebay.

I gave the pool my clear test yesterday. It consists of how well I can see my ladder from across the pool underwater 27 feet away. Let me say this much I havent been able to see it for a few years until yesterday.

I have read for several hours each night on this fourm over the past week and it seems all down hill from here

Thanks to all

Its not the end of my visiting this fourm just the begining

Chris

ILHoz Guest

I just completed my pool 24 ag 13500 gallons. It took about a week and 41gallons of chlorine. I posted for words of encouragment. I described our pool as pea soup with nacho cheese on top, and I also didn't think we would ever have a clear pool again. I am very happy to say we were swimming yesterday exactly one week after we started. We started with night 1,2 and 3 7 gallons leaving filter off at night because we had to back flush quite often.night 4 and5, 6 gallons filter running 24 hours, day 6 8 gallons, 1/2 gallon muriatic acid vaccuuming as it started to clear to get Baquajunk out. Changed sand in filter yesterday. We are ready to go.
    Good luck
    Leslie

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Yes it was changed 3 days ago. My first observation dealing with the filter is after running it for a few days no pressure build up. I had to run it almost full time on Baq so that is what I was use to. Now I can actually turn if off during the day.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread