Closed Thread

Thread: Pebble Sheen "Cool Blue" Color

Poolboyz is offline ** No working email address ** Poolboyz 0

Post Pebble Sheen "Cool Blue" Color

Anyone have any information on the pebble sheen color "Cool Blue"? I am building my pool and am not sure if the light color is going to be a huge problem with stains....I would also like to see more photos of this color of pebble already used in pools...any opinions or photos?

Default Re: Pebble Sheen "Cool Blue" Color

The closer you stay to white the less problems with blotching, streaking, and mottling. The chlorine wants to make everything turn white. I don't have any first hand experience with dark pool finishes but I read that the most color/finish related complaints are on pools with dark finishes. The other source of finish related complaints is staining is from bad water (initial fill or poor maintenance). If this is your concern than I think the light color may show stains better but you can correct this over time with proper maintenance. In this case a tan/brown finish is probably the only color to hide it.
    Good Luck.

You sure that applies to any of the pebble finishes where they're not dye based?

Poolboyz is offline ** No working email address ** Poolboyz 0

Quote Originally Posted by mshumack
    The closer you stay to white the less problems with blotching, streaking, and mottling. The chlorine wants to make everything turn white. I don't have any first hand experience with dark pool finishes but I read that the most color/finish related complaints are on pools with dark finishes. The other source of finish related complaints is staining is from bad water (initial fill or poor maintenance). If this is your concern than I think the light color may show stains better but you can correct this over time with proper maintenance. In this case a tan/brown finish is probably the only color to hide it.
    Good Luck.
    Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by pcgeek
    You sure that applies to any of the pebble finishes where they're not dye based?
    Good point. I'm not sure. What kind of binder is used to hold the pebbles in place?

From what I can tell it's a tinted cement binder so I guess there's some dye involved but given the various colors of the pebbles, it's not a uniform finish in the first place and I'd assume mottling wouldn't be as big of an issue (depends on how much of the color comes from the tint vs the pebbles). Spend some time with google looking for "pebbletec mottling" and you may get more results. The initial stuff I found indicated it to not be a problem but I'm not sure if it's the same for pebblesheen (which is just smaller pebbles that are polished). Ignore their pebblefina since AFAIK it's not a real exposed aggregate like the others.

Closed Thread