+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Test Kit PS234 Results

CabanaMan is offline ** No working email address ** CabanaMan 0

Cool Test Kit PS234 Results

New 27' 17,000 gal AG Vinyl Liner. South Louisiana.

Added chemicals pool store recommended (know better now), then ran tests. Water had metal in it and ran Metal Magic for 48 hours before adding other chemicals, which including Water Hardness Increaser (knowledge gained from Forum too late). Water is quite cloudy at this point. Here are my numbers:

FC=1
    CC=0.5
    TC (tested)=0.5
    pH=7.2
    ALK=130
    Cal=230
    Cya=0 (even though 5.5 lbs of stabilizer is hanging in pantyhose in pool at 2 locations, per pool store).

From the info on Forums, I gather I should start adding bleach to raise my FC to Shock Level of 10 ppm until my water gets clear.

If that is correct, is there anything else I should be doing to get my wife and kids in the pool before they mutiny and make me walk the plank?

Thanks to all-great Forum.

duraleigh Guest

Default Re: Test Kit PS234 Results

Unless you need to backwash in the next few days, I would put take the CYA out of the socks and put it in the skimmer........I'm sure it will dissolve faster.

Because you have no effective level of stabilizer (yet), I would suggest putting the Cl (up to 12-14ppm) in at dusk. Test again just before you go to bed and bring it back up to 12-14ppm. Test again in the morning to measure your overnite loss....when it's less than say about 2ppm, your pool should be sanitized and CC's gone.

The CYA will be slowly increasing in your pool as you do the above. You should probably be able to maintain a 3-6 maintenance level in your pool from then on.

CabanaMan is offline ** No working email address ** CabanaMan 0

Thanks, Dave, for the quick response.

I will proceed just as you recommended this evening.

Took about 6 weeks, working a couple of hours a night, to install the pool. Now wife/kids are biting at the bit to jump in. What is realistic timeframe if all goes well?

Thanks again.

duraleigh Guest

Well, this is speculation, but with your low CC results you should be able to have it sparkling in a couple of days. Much of it will depend on your diligence
    in testing and replenishing the Cl level back up to 12-14 as often as possible. Night time is best because you won't lose the Cl to the Sun. That said, you could test and replenish during daylight if you don't mind the additional chlorine loss.

I grew up swimming in the Missouri River and farm ponds so a little cloudiness wouldn't keep me (or the kids) out of a new pool but that's an individual choice.

+ Reply to Thread