+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polaris AutoClear ??

roll tide is offline ** No working email address ** roll tide 0

Default Polaris AutoClear ??

Anyone have one of these SWG? I admit I never had a pool until 2 months ago and knew nothing about them, but the Polaris seems to have been more trouble than it should be. Right now my power and cell lights are on but when I press the test button, it's not giving me any data. It usually has 4 numbers that lets me know if all is ok. Now it won't even turn off. I'm not sure if it's generating chlorine now or not. I shocked it with bleach tonight just in case.

I've talked with Polaris, about other issues, 10 times in the two months I've had it. I thought I had all of it figured out until this happened today. IMO, it's hit or miss with their technical support. I've had one guy, Matt I think, who was excellent help. I've also had some that weren't much help at all.

Default Re: Polaris AutoClear ??

Make sure that the microphone sensor is still stuck to the pump motor--It won't do anything without that in place-- you should see a small flashing dot at the bottom of the display. Also try unpluging it for a few minutes and then plugging it back in- It should reset it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mlh
    Make sure that the microphone sensor is still stuck to the pump motor--It won't do anything without that in place-- you should see a small flashing dot at the bottom of the display. Also try unpluging it for a few minutes and then plugging it back in- It should reset it.

Mike

WTF is the microphone sensor?

I just installed my autoclear plus (interfaced with my Polaris EOS) and it works great...Apparently my EOS needs a small software update to properly and fully interface with the autoclear, but it works fine..

I see ZERO mention of a 'microphone sensor' in the installer guide..

Just email or call polaris. Their customer service for me at least has been amazing....

It's a small sensor that attaches to the pump that tells the unit that the pump is running- has a wire that plugs into the Autoclear panel. This is only my 2nd season with this unit and while its just the basic model I would think they still use them.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread