Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moles?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Moles?

I have deleted a few posts to prevent any verbal altercations and am locking this thread.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Exclamation Re: Moles?

Thanks, Watermom.

Cappy, Matt4x4, I'd remind you that this is a *pool* forum, that works, in large part, because we avoid provocative discussions, unless they relate to pools.

I'm not sure what either of you know about folks on the other side of the pet wall think, but I'll give you both the benefit of the doubt, and assume you acted as you did, because you didn't know better.

Matt4x4, there are quite a few people in this country who view their own pets as virtual children, and other pets as virtual humans. For such people, hurting a pet, much less killing one, is a moral crime. Some of those people have pools, and use the forum. You may not agree with them, but this is not the place to provoke them, much less settle the difference.

Cappy, there are also many people -- like myself -- who grew up in the country, where misbehaved pets lived short lives. This was just a fact of life. Farmers who made their living raising cattle would carry a .22 in the cap of their pickups, specifically for the purpose of dealing with dogs who were 'running cattle'. I cried when one of my dogs was shot that way, but I wasn't angry at the farmer: I was angry at my dog, and disappointed that I'd been unable to train him better. Cappy, you may feel that pets have 'right to life'. Many people in the US today do. But, most people don't believe any such thing. If you want to convince them otherwise, again, THIS is NOT the place for it.

I'm not telling either one of you these things, in order to convince you. Such positions tend to have more emotion than thought behind them. For that reason, arguments about them tend to become fights rather than discussions.

While there may be a place on the Internet for such fights (or discussions), this is not that place.

I'll simply ask you both to learn from this, and avoid making provocative statements that have nothing to do with pools.

Thanks.

Ben
    "PoolDoc"
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 08-19-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Closed Thread