+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it only Dolphin Dynamic's with the problems?

Default Is it only Dolphin Dynamic's with the problems?

I have a Diagnostic and it is great so far-but so were all of yours at first.
    Any Diagnostic owners with problems and what were/are they?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Is it only Dolphin Dynamic's with the problems?

You're kidding, Right? There's a couple of threads in this expressly on Dolphin Dynamics--including the super-long one I started....called "My Dolphin Now I'm Getting Rid of it" and it's right there at the top of the topic.

We also do have a search engine and it works pretty well. It should be at the top in the blue bar to the right.
    Last edited by CarlD; 07-08-2006 at 05:14 PM.
    Carl

KurtV is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver KurtV 0

poolbee, I did a couple of quick searches here and only found posts about problems with the Dynamics; nothing on Diagnostics. Maybe you're on to something...

Mine is a diagnostic and so far 2 years plus and no problems, could be onto something about the dynamic???

CarlD,
    No, I'm not kidding. It does seem that most, not all, but most complaints, including yours, involve the Dynamic. I am asking about the Diagnostic. The Diagnostic is a simpler machine with no remote. Perhaps that is part of the problem, the more sophisticated, if you will, the more to go wrong.
    I have read your thread and most complaints are about the Dynamic.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Oh, OK. Actually, my BIGGEST complaint is with Smart Pools. Had they simply fixed my Dynamic that huge thread would have been VERRY short!
    Carl

I hear ya. There is no such thing as good customer service anymore. I spent over 10 hours and went thru about a dozen people just to get a claim number for service to my AMANA refridge a few weeks ago. I was hung up on, lied to, forwarded to unattended numbers, yada yada yada. I'll never buy an Amana or Maytag anything again.
    I was hoping things worked out better for you since I do have the Diagnostic. No reason Smartpools service should be any different for me. I have to just pray nothing goes wrong for a long time.
    Hope your Blue Diamond is better for you.

BTW-do you still like your Poolbuster? I have been thinking about one since I sometimes run my Dolphin just to get some stuff in the deep end before a swim. A Poolbuster would be much better for that situation.
    Last edited by poolbee; 07-12-2006 at 07:39 PM.

Poolbee,

I just got a Pool Buster for spot cleaning, I get a few centipedes, earwigs, and the occasional spider daily, I had been fishing them out with a leaf rake (ugh). I have only used it a few times, but it works great for that.

It won't do my whole pool (20x40) on a single charge though. But that isn't why I got it.
    ~Dr. Spike

Pool: IG vinyl, heated, fully enclosed (dome)
    Shape: Grecian (rectangular)
    Size: 20'W x 40'L
    Depth: 4' / 8'
    Filter: Sand w/DE added
    Other: 6' Diving Board
    Maintenance: BBB! Ben's PS234 kit! Manual vacuum, brush, and Pool Buster Max CG Gold

I hate to contribute to the thread hijacking but I got my Poolbuster last week and it's great for spot cleaning. Wouldn't want to use it for the whole pool and it really needs a finer filter for sand (available for extra cost) but other than that it works wonderfully.

I usually put my Dolphin in at night but by the time morning rolls around a number of bugs have managed to crawl their way into my pool. I take 2 minutes with the buster and it looks great.

Hey, hijack away! I started the thread and I don't mind-I asked the follow up question too!
    I am really thinking of gettting the Poolbuster or something similar. Often between swims on the same day stuff accumulates on the floor and the Poolbuster would do the trick.

+ Reply to Thread