+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie questions about Esther Williams

Default Newbie questions about Esther Williams

This forum is great! I've been lurking just long enough to get really confused.

We've decided to get an above ground pool and bury it about 2 feet in the ground so the top of the pool will be even with the deck. From what I've read on here, it seems like it would be best to go with the Esther Williams Carousel because the extruded aluminum will be stronger and not rust when submerged in dirt. If I'm mistaken about that, please let me know . . .

We live in Austin, Texas and the Esther Williams site doesn't list any dealers in our area. So, I guess we'll order it online. My questions are . . . Does anyone have any suggestions about who to order it from? Also, we have someone to dig the hole and prep the site but would like to get the pool professionally installed. Would any reputable local above ground pool installer be able to do it or is the EW special in some way?

I have tons of other newbie questions about matching pumps and filters and chemicals and such and such but, for now, I'll leave it at that.

Thanks so much!

Emily

Default Re: Newbie questions about Esther Williams

try the thread labeled "doughboy vs esther williams"....as a newbie myself I started this one and it is SUPER informative.
    I went w/ the 30 classic round.........but have no need to bury it.
    GOOD LUCK

mohawk is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mohawk 0

Default Re: Newbie questions about Esther Williams

The setup of our Carousel pool was just finished this morning. The installer told us not to backfill around the pool until it was full of water because the sides lock into place as it fills. He also suggested not to go over 10" for fill, preferrable 8". His reasoning was when the time comes to replace the liner the earth around the pool base will push in on the sides. He said it would make his job easier-whatever that means. Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread