+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vinyl Liner Cleaners

rgearity11 is offline ** No working email address ** rgearity11 0

Default Vinyl Liner Cleaners

Removed the winter cover today and the black line around the liner at the water level really hit me between the eyes. I REALLY want to clean that off this year but I have gotten stung in years past, buying the "guaranteed to work" stuff from the local pool supply dealer and finding out after a day spent scrubbing and getting sunburn on my neck that it works about as well as dishing washing detergent - which is not very well at all. Is there ANYTHING that will remove that line ?

Also, the aluminum liner cap is really worn and grey looking - is there anything that can be used to restore the original look ?

HELP !

Thanks !

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

Default Vinyl cleaner

I've had good luck with the vinyl cleaner recommended for pools, it's been really easy cleaning the black line using that product.
    It seems to be the same stuff as patio furniture cleaner. Use it on a sponge and have a bucket to rinse it in beside you.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Try using a little baking soda to scrub around the water line. That usually helps in my pool.

Watermom

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

I make a thick slurry of baking soda and water and use something like a coarse hairy pad to scrub. Think I got the hairy pad in a pool store years ago. Can also use a cheapo bristle type scrub brush. Do it every Spring at first dunk or close to it. The amount of BS you use shouldn't measureably affect the chemistry.
    Al

duraleigh Guest

Hi, Al,

Quote Originally Posted by Poconos
    The amount of BS you use shouldn't measureably affect the chemistry.

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Morning chuckle!
    Come to think of it...I guess BS would eat up chlorine pretty fast and make swimming hazardous. Stick to using it for fertilizer. Use Baking Soda for cleaning vinyl.
    Al

rgearity11 is offline ** No working email address ** rgearity11 0

Default Aluminum Caps

Wow, thanks for the information about cleaning the vinyl - I will try the baking soda ! Any advice on the aluminum caps ? Can they be painted ? Has anyone down that successfully ? I would prefer to clean them so they look like new (almost) rather then paint but all I know is I don't want to tolerate them the way they are for another season !

ANY advice appreciated ! Thanks !

+ Reply to Thread