+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question for PentairTech on IntelliTouch

Default Question for PentairTech on IntelliTouch

I have the Penatir IntelliTouch i7 automated controller with the MobileTouch (remote) controlling two Pentair pumps, two SAM lights, a SAL light, a Laars gas heater, RayPak heatpump, air blower, 4 valves, low voltage lighting transformer, and the IntelliChlor SWG.
    My question is regarding the control of the IntelliChlor. I can only see and adjust the IntelliChlor through the MobileTouch unit. The indoor controller (hardwired) for the IntelliTouch does not show the IntelliChlor in the equipment/setup menu. Is it possible to update the program/eprom/etc so the indoor controller recognizes the IntelliChlor? Could this be done through the phone connection?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Default Re: Question for PentairTech on IntelliTouch

It will be interesting to see what the Pentair rep says but you may want to look at the update to the owner's manual at the following link:
    http://www.pentairpool.com/owners_ma...stll_Guide.pdf

It is a large file so it may take awhile to download.

Since your Mobile Touch can see the SWG your indoor controller should also be able to read the info from the SWG. You might also want to check and see which version of the firmware you are running on both the outdoor and indoor controllers. You may have to do a manual update to your indoor unit. Instructions for doing so are on page 77 of the manual. The latest firmware is something around 1.09. My IntelliTouch shipped in May and has a late April date on the 1.09 firmware.

make sure that the firmware on your indoor panel is the same and what is on your handheld. You should have 1.50 and higher for it to read on your display.

The firmware is not the same on the IntelliTouch and MobileTouch. I think (I'm not home right now so this is from memory) I have version 1.05 on the MobileTouch and 1.04 on the in-house control unit.
    How do I update?

Thanks,
    Mike

I'm home now. The Outdoor controller (U.O.C.) is version 1.060, the IntelliTouch indoor controller (U.I.C.) is version 1.025, and the MobileTouch is version (U.I.C.) 1.060.
    How do I update the firmwear version?
    -Mike

I sent you an email.

Page 77 of the link I provided earlier provides the details.

Basically what you do is this: Menu>Settings>Advanced Press Buttons 2&4 (Heater & Exit buttons on the main page) simultaneously. That will take you to the Service Personnel Screen. Choose Get Image From Outdoor that should bring you up to the same rev as the outdoor controller and MobileTouch. The stopwatch icon will flash until complete. When done check to make sure you updated to the 1.06 rev then exit back to main panel. The procedure for checking revs is on pg 76 of the referenced manual.

Good luck.

That does not upgrade your firmware though.

Ooops I missed the fact that PentairTech had already replied via email. But this does give me the opportunity to revisit the question that mshumack asked earlier about updating the firmware for the system controller. Normally the process for updating micro controller firmware is to download the image from the mfgs. web site then use the appropriate connection (LAN, Disk Drive, USB port, etc.) to update the controller image. How do you do this with the IntelliTouch System outside of purchasing a new eeprom or system board?

Ahhhh....so it is just the system config that comes over as the image. Good to know. Usually when the term "image" is used it implies system os as well as configs.

+ Reply to Thread