+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fed up with greeeen water

monteaglegal is offline ** No working email address ** monteaglegal 0

Angry Fed up with greeeen water

I have spent and put so much shock and other chemical in my above ground pool trying to get the water clear again. But no such luck. I am so fed up with the leaf green water that yesterday I drained every bit of the water except 2 ft out of the pool to refill and start over. (needless to say i still couldnt see the bottom of the pool and the water only 2ft deep). I am goint to try something different this time and I need a few questions answered.
    My pool is 24ft across and 4 1/2 ft deep. How much clorox bleach and baking sooda do I need to put in. The filter is a 2 jet system one jet toward top and other about 2 ft from bottom. Im not sure if its a 20,000 gallon or a 30,000 gallon pool. We just bought this house last year and the pool was already here. Had no problems last year but this year gosh! Could someone help me out with the amounts of each I need to use, and how often?

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Fed up with greeeen water

You need to get a drop=based test kit and run tests for Cl, pH, TA, and CYA and post those here. Basically you will want to shoot for an initial Cl reading of 1-3 ppm, until you get some stabilizer (CYA) in the water, then you'll need to up the chlorine (see the best guess chart at the top of the Cl forum). Baking soda depends on your TA, so you need a good level to use as a starting point. If you'll post those numbers, we can help you go from there.

Janet

Madty is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst Madty 0

Default Re: Fed up with greeeen water

You have 15,266 gallons- You need to download the bleach calculator-it shows how much of whatever to add. It evens gives pool volume- that's why I look sooooo smart!

+ Reply to Thread