+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dolphin Commander?

Post Dolphin Commander?

Greetings from a new guy. I have spent the weekend reading the posts about robotic pool cleaners. The Dolphin has many positive comments but they are generally about the Dolphin Diagnostic or the Dolphin Dynamic. I have been referred to the Dolphin Commander and the Maytronics web page seems to indicate it is preferable for my type pool (gunite, just replastered, 30 X 30 in an "L" shape - 36,000 gallons). Pool is on windward side of Oahu in Hawaii so algae is big problem; leaves less so. Have tried a Great White with Great Dissatisfaction; was heading for the Kreepy Krauler but got referred to this one.

The questions are: Does anyone have experience with the Commander? Are the comments I see about the Dynamic (such as getting hung on bottom drain) applicable?

Thanks; I appreciate the inputs. Jim L.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Dolphin Commander?

Don't ask me...I'm having TERRIBLE problems with my Dolphin Dynamic and I don't have a drain. Maytronics' rep in the US, Smart Pool, had my unit and claimed there was nothing wrong--but it won't move around my pool.

At this time I have to say that given my experience and the experience of a number of posters, I personally do not see myself ever buying a Maytronics product again. Not only did it fail after far too short a time, but their service to this point has been unacceptably atrocious. Things DO break down. It does happen. But how it's handled is also part of what you buy.
    Carl

I vote checking out the Blue Diamond or Aquabot Viva/Bravo as a substitute. Carl's advice is spot on as well as the fact that there have been a few other recent failures of Maytronic's stuff here.

Question Re: Dolphin Commander?

As a service company we have used the Dolphin Pool Cleaners as demos as well as what we use for quick clean ups. We love them. They have been coming down in price. We were looking at switching to the Dolphin Commander. We found it for $769.95 has anyone found it for any cheaper?

We found this Dolphin Pool Cleaner at

(URLs not allowed for moderated users - Admin)

I had a Dolphin diagnostic and when it started to cause problems I couldn't get the factory to return a phone call or an email. It only worked more or less correctly for 1 1/2 seasons.

I may try another make one day but never ever again a Dolphin of any model.
    16x32 vinyl; SWCG, DE filter, Intelliflo pump,
    solar heat ( to over 90 deg for the wife)

+ Reply to Thread