Closed Thread

Thread: Safety Fence Recommendations...

leejp is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst leejp 0

Default Safety Fence Recommendations...

Has anyone DIY installed a pool safety fences? I'm thinking about installing one of those fiberglass mesh fences (in addition to the wood stockade fencing) around my 18x36 inground pool (with concrete decking).

The stockade fence is pretty much around my entire backyard and inside it is the jungle gym playset, brick patio... I have a 5 year old and a 2-1/2 year old and I figure it'll be ~10 years before I can even remotely think about leaving them unsupervised in the backyard.

Are these effective? If so... who are some reasonably priced, trustworthy retailers I can purchase the fences/gates/accessories from? Even DIY these cost ~$10/foot (I see some advertized at $6/foot on eBay but I'm not sure if I trust the sellers) so they certainly aren't inexpensive... I figure ~130 feet of fencing + gate ($1500~$2000). I want to be sure before I take the plunge and purchase.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I designed and built my own fence and gate--and it was approved by my town both in my design and after completion. The keys were:
    1) 4' high
    2) No gap on the bottom
    3) only verticals from the outside
    4) verticals are <4" apart.

The gate is even tighter--the verticals are 1.75" apart. It uses Magna Latch self-closing hinges and a MagnaLatch that is about 5' off the ground. I don't know if I can post a picture but I'll try--at least a link.
    Attached Images
    Carl

leejp is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst leejp 0

Default I should have been more specific...

I am looking for a removable fence so I can open up the pool area/backyard for swimming but put back up so my kids can't enter the pool. The pool/backyard is already fenced in. I like the how my pool is visible from all of the backyard (picture attached) and I don't want to hide it behind a semi-solid fence.

You mentioned magna latch... I looking for something like this for the screen doors on my patio. An automatically closing latch the kids can't reach. Is ther such a beast?
    Attached Images

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

When I click on the name of the image, it comes up--and I'm using a different computer now than I did when I posted. let me check user settings in the forum.
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Carl - it was leejp's pic that wasn't attached. Did you think I meant yours? He edited his post and now his pic is attached. Thought maybe I had confused you with my post.

Watermom

Closed Thread