+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: salt water chlorinators: Zodiac LM2-24

Default salt water chlorinators: Zodiac LM2-24

I feel that were moving towards an Zodiac LM2-24 , which is a salt water chlorinator.

I am wondering if anyone on here owns one and overall how do you like it?

If I do get the salt water chlorinator, will I still or should I ask the builder to still put in the ZeoBrite filteration setup, or just forget about the zeoBrite and got 100% salt water chlorinator??

Reason why were going towards the salt water chlorinator is b/c my parents have an above ground pool and its chlorine and when I swim in it, my nose is very itchy and skin after drys up fells itchy.

Since I hear that salt water chlorinators basically feels like a home water softner coming out of the shower, that is that way I like to feel and honestly feels very nice.

Coming from an Lake boater/water skiing, and soon becoming a NEW pool owner, all these water chemicals are bit confusing, but feel I want to do this right. Thanks all

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

Default Re: salt water chlorinators: Zodiac LM2-24

good question..and one i pondered as well as i watched an auction on ebay a few weeks ago (turned out it went for more than i was willing to pay for it) but, i kept asking myself, why would a person go with an LM2 model versus the newer supposedly much improved LM3 version? so i searched the net trying to find the difference and aside from the housing etc..i found zero information to say why the LM3 is better. maybe someone can shed some light on this so you can get a more informed opinion (even the zodiac company website information didn't tell me what made the LM3 better)

maybe it isn't and it's simply prettier to look at?

PatL34 is offline Lifetime Member Widget Weaver PatL34 2 stars PatL34 2 stars

Not sure why you are ignoring the Zeobrite Filtration? It has nothing to do with salt water chlorinator. They both have different functions in pool operations. The filter filters bad stuff, and the chlorinator provides the chlorine.

Or am I missing something/

Pat
    20,000 Gallon IG Diamond Brite pool, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite pump, Hayward Microclear DE3600 filter, Favco solar panels, Poolpilot DIG-220 with SC-48 cell.

+ SWCG OPERATION thread here: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=1226
    + SWCG Running Costs post here: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=316
    + Effective Stabilizer addition post here: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?p=6645

I agree with Pat, the Zeobrite is filtration. A salt chlorine generator is sanitization.
    From what I can see, the cell design of the LM3 is different and allows a higher pressure rating before any damage to the housing. It also allows you to remove the cell cluster for cleaning, rather than taking the whole old style rectangular cell and adding the solution into it.
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

Thanks guys. Well I have to make up my decision by Monday(7-10-06).

I talked to my builder one more time this evening about going with the SWG.

He still totally insisted that the chlorineator/zeobrite combo will be at best and less maintance.

He said that the swg is not any easier maintance and said that since swg is all digital that many other things would go wrong. He insisted us going with the original setup and if I dont like it, then go w/ the SwG... then again I think it would be more costly down the road if I do decided to go that route

help help help. decisions....arggghhh!!

I think you should go the normal route but make sure they allow for space for the salt chlorine generator installation. This way you'll appreciate the water quality difference and ease of maintenance even more!

Not quite sure what the correlation is between the unit being Digital and "many other things would go wrong".
    Digital stereos are certainly alot better than the old analog needle and dial AM radios.
    Digital I-pods are certainly better than 8-track tapes (boy am I showing my age).
    Digital video cameras are better than Betamax tapes.

I would certainly recommend DIGITAL.
    (lol - Ben's gonna kill me for this attemp at a sales pitch)
    Sean Assam

Quote Originally Posted by Poolsean
    I think you should go the normal route but make sure they allow for space for the salt chlorine generator installation. This way you'll appreciate the water quality difference and ease of maintenance even more!

Not quite sure what the correlation is between the unit being Digital and "many other things would go wrong".
    Digital stereos are certainly alot better than the old analog needle and dial AM radios.
    Digital I-pods are certainly better than 8-track tapes (boy am I showing my age).
    Digital video cameras are better than Betamax tapes.

I would certainly recommend DIGITAL.
    (lol - Ben's gonna kill me for this attemp at a sales pitch)
    Sean,, hey hey are you messing with my mind? I think you meant to say.. go with swg and call it a day, right?

Thanks

But of course! You won't regret it. Make sure you get your owners manual, or better yet, if you can download one and read up on it first, you'll be more comfortable with what all the buttons and lights do and indicate.
    Sean Assam

Sean, Thanks a bunch. I am just going to go with it.

So you think the zeoBrite nad SWG combo is a good one?

I asked my other buddy that has SWG and I asked him what his filteration setup was and he said it was no filter or had to apply sand. He said it was a long canister and thats all he knew. Maybe nature2? Oh well swg,here I come

Sounds like a cartridge filter. It should be second piece of equipment after the pump. There's usually a pressure gauge on the top. If he removes the lid of this equipment, it will either be a cartridge (a round pleated element), DE (white powder on a cloth type grid), or sand (such as yours). Every equipment set has to have a pump and filter. The rest are optional.

Don't get into the Nature 2 thing. It "may" help, but is not necessary with the salt sytem. Yes, the salt and zeobrite is a good combination.
    Sean Assam

+ Reply to Thread