+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dolphin: Now I'm getting rid of it

Default Re: My Dolphin: Now I'm Worried...

OK, I found the "FIX". If I shut the power off and then switch it back on the thing works great. But after an hour or so it gets hung again and needs a reboot. This is not acceptable for a $1,000+ appliance and it will go back tomorrow.

Hmm, that's too bad. I'm lucky, mine works well....

Costco will take anything back anytime as long as you have the bill.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Well, they (smartpool) gave me some additional instructions because I am very upset. I don't know if they will work--I'm testing again tonight.
    Carl

I agree with you the unit should work regardless of temp, Ph, wind speed or moon phase. If their tips don't work (likely) I would demand to speak to a Supervisor or anyone that has the authority to fix or replace the unit. Keep climbing the ladder and be such a PITA they would rather replace it than put up with your phone calls. It worked fine before and now it doesn't so something is wrong.

Do you still recommend the Poolbuster? I want to buy one.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Good advice--I'm already following it.

Yes, I still think the PoolBuster is great. If you find, though, that battery life seems so-so, or the motor is weak---LET THEM KNOW BEFORE THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT! I wish I had--I was WAY too late so I had to buy the new battery/motor box--but for $79 my P/B was better than it had ever been--and most people never had a problem.
    Carl

Davenj is offline Lifetime Member Thread Analyst Davenj 0

I had a unique problem with my Dophin the other night. We where out by the pool and heard a strange noise from the Dolphin at the water line. The cord had gotten pulled into the brush on one side. Shut it down and removed it from the pool. About 2ft of cord was stuck between the brush and Dolphin. Was in there pretty tight. Now I'm gun shy and keep checking it, which is not what I want to do.

Well, I have heard back from Maytronics in Israel, and I sent them some pictures of the Dolphin in the pool this morning, showing what it can easily do.

Folks, it's not my water--pH is 7.3, the water is clear.

Here is the Dolphin stuck in its racetrack, going back and forth...I took these this AM and sent them to Maytronics.

I pretty much see the Dolphin as a write-off at this time, unless Maytronic or Smartpool come up with something.

Carl

Tredge is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Tredge 0

What happened to your handle floats? Putting them both on the corded side made a huge difference for me. Just an observation....
    Some people have hobbies.....I have a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tredge
    What happened to your handle floats? Putting them both on the corded side made a huge difference for me. Just an observation....
    They are both off to reduce bouyancy.
    Carl

Carl, that "race track" you describe is exactly the problem I am having with mine. The "solution" is to momentarily turn the power off and then power it back up. This reboots the unit and then it works fine. Not exactly a solution as it makes it a semi automatic cleaner, but it does correct the situation. I believe that they have a flaw in the logic they programmed into the unit. Mine is going to go back to Costco.

What is the pool buster your are talking about - is it another robot? What do you know about the Blue Pearl, I am thinking of buying one instead of the Dolphin.

+ Reply to Thread