+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bees!! And lots of 'em!!

Default Bees!! And lots of 'em!!

I have bees everywhere! They are all over the drain, the noodles, anything bright and colorful, and there are HUNDREDS!!

Every time we want to get in the water, we have to clear the pool of bees first. Last week it was just a handful in the evening. Today, there is a SWARM, and I can't find a nest or hive or anything. Once the bees have been cleared out, we only see a few stragglers, but this is starting to get ridiculous. My wife is highly allergic, and I just don't like to get stung.

Any advice?? We are desperate!!

Default Re: Bees!! And lots of 'em!!

Well, we have sprayed and sprayed and sprayed, and seem to have kept them at bay now. There are a few stragglers once in a while that are attracted to our ladder for some reason, but we're talking only a couple per day, and we can handle that.

Aside from that, we had a storm blow through a few days ago and that seemed to clear a lot of them out also.

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

And all over your pool only? Something about your pool is attracting them, I know bees are always in need of water, maybe bump the chlorine level by a bit for a while, they may hunt down another pool nearby with a lower level then.
    If you don't have a nest anywhere nearby, look at your trees and neighbouring trees, some nests are hard to spot when they are using the actual tree as a nest - you will see some spots on the tree covered in bees where they enter/exit the hive (hollow tree or branch).

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

last year I had the same problem with wasps. One day I watched to see where they were going - they had a nest built underground in some rocks I have on the bank next to the pool. I had the exterminator come and spray the whole bank, and the wasp problem went away. Sit quietly and see where they are flying to and from - I bet you will see a nest nearby.
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

+ Reply to Thread