+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Solutions To Put "on" Solar Covers

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

Default Great Solutions To Put "on" Solar Covers

i just installed my solar cover with reel and it occurred to me after that i should have maybe saved a few straps that i could use out of the 8 pack to make a system so

a) one person can put the cover back on the pool b) i didn't have to go into the pool to do.

that being said, i wanted to use all 8 straps on my cover, i didn't want to pay for another kit, and i didn't think the "plate grommets" used for the cover are especially sturdy to drag a whole cover from 2 points, which led me to search for a plastic grommet system that was non intrusive on my cover ends for maximum strength..

i came across 2..the 1st i purchased today at home depot for all of 2.53. it comes with 4 grommets. as my pool is round at the pull end and the cover narrows down to about 2/3 it's full width, i installed 2 of these with 2 25 ft nylon ropes to pull (25 ft per grommet as my reel sits about 8 ft from the back end meaning i need over 20 ft per rope if i want to be at the end to pull both at the same time. nylon rope is also one of the most sun resistant and inexpensive to replace if needed.

here is the one i bought..the "instant" grommet:

http://www.campingsurvival.com/ingromtarhol.html

the 2nd one i have not tried or found in canada (yet). i like the concept as it would lead to less bunching than the instant grommet. i have not checked the price so likely a fair bit more expensive.

http://cbcproducts.com/EZG/EZGHome.htm

originally i convinced myself that i or the kids would be in the pool anyway and could put it on after before drying off, but ..there will be times where i won't be in the pool or planning to go in when i think about it..so this is great.

i have no affiliation to either of these companies..just sharing what i hope is a helpful tip.

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

Default Re: Great Solutions To Put "on" Solar Covers

by the way, found a guy on ebay in colorado that sells the ez grabbit ones ..10 bucks or so plus shipping for a 4 pack so i've ordered a set. he also sells mini grabbits which likely could have worked as well as the ones i currently have, but i like the wider bar system to spread the pressure of pulling further. i'll let you know how they work compared to the ones i have when i get them.

+ Reply to Thread