+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orion Pool cleaner

Default Orion Pool cleaner

Anyone have any comments regarding the Orion Pool Cleaner. It is a robotic-type pool cleaner that plugs in.

I see that it is cheaper than the Dolphin or Aquabot - i see one store that is selling it for $599 - and am wondering if it is a good alternative.

I have a 16 x 32 foot inground with a vinyl liner.

Default Re: Orion Pool cleaner

It is made by the same people that make the dophin, and having said that I would not go near it. I bought a high end dolphin that is nothing but crap and is going back to the store tomorrow. Check some of the threads about the problems people are having with the dolphins.

Default Re: Orion Pool cleaner

A lot of people are also pleased with their Dolphins and they have sold alot over the years. I would certainly like to hear about the Orion myself. I have owned an aquabot (ok but would sometimes get stuck, eat its cord,etc. and needed much maintenance) and a Pool Rover Plus (lost in Katrina, good for lack of maintenance, but would get into a pattern on oval pool where it kept doing same place over and over).

It seems like the time and complications of cleaning walls by robots might not be worth the headache compared to just brushing them down. Without wall climbing, it would seem like odds of getting stuck would be reduced, and less wear and tear. The jet action of the pool rover plus (same as aquajet) was good, but I fear its unsophisticated steering technique might again dissappoint on my new pool, although it is closer to a rectangular shape which might help.

Hopefully someone will buy an Orion and share their impression here.

+ Reply to Thread